• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Alarm Replacement Option

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those of us with Connext boats are all familiar with the piezo buzzer that put outs a horrible extended shrill beep every time start your boat. The options I have found on here have been to tape over it (my tape already melted off twice) or @Mainah came up with the Shrill to Chill mod that I was not ambitious enough to do.

I think I found an easy solution that will hopefully work with these Floyd Bell beeping piezo alarms. They have several styles of beeps/chimes with different durations available. I ordered the TMB-V86-530-S(S) directly from them for $29 shipped. This is a slow speed beep alarm with screw terminals for 5-30 volts with an adjustable volume cover.

It's not the exact same buzzer, but this model has a sample of the alarm you can hear in the More Information section. This model would also work, it just cost a little more than the one I ordered.

It's not cheap, mostly due to shipping, but I hate that buzzer enough that it's well worth it to me. There are some with the faster beeps available on amazon but I couldn't find one with the slow beeps there and the price wasn't much different.

I'll confirm that it works on here when I get it.

The thing that aggravates me is there is no way to permanently silence an alarm. For example the alarm goes off when you drop below 15% fuel. You can silence for a few min, but it always comes back. I have recently been having a comm error with my transducer intermittently and there was also no way to permanently disable the buzz. The solution was to cut one of the wires to the alarm and install a toggle on off switch.

I finally installed the beeper I linked to above and it is much better than the factory one.

It beeps 7 times when Connext starts up, I was hoping for 3. It is a much less harsh sound though. It sounds like a quiet truck reverse beeper.

The volume control cover thing works really well and can go from quite loud to low enough where you might not hear it while underway.

The only downside was 15 minutes under the helm on a summer day, brutal.

Back