• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CONNEXT alignment

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think I have a dead spot or an alignment issues with my Connext screen. It is just one spot -- its on a saved radio station button. Anyone know how to realign it? I looked on YouTube and didnt find anything. Owner's manual search is next.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
my touchscreen quit working one day. there's a couple of things I'd try:

1). shut of the battery switches for at least 5 minutes then reboot the system.
2). (I'm doing this off the top of my head as the boat is in storage and can't get to it easily). There's a screen reset option on the system. I believe it is in the "Sys Control" area. You may be able to get into that area by using the scroll wheel. I think you can also recalibrate it to touch points in there as well.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Matt Phillips - I'm having the same issue and I tried doing the CALIBRATE option in the Sys Control screen but it didn't work. Screen is still off center. Tried it a few times using a stylus on the touch points as another poster recommended in this forum. My only recourse at this point is to take it to the dealer and see if it can be fixed.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
UGH to that...at least it's just after the holidays so maybe it won't be in too long.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. Weird thing is this: seems to only be a problem at one point on the screen. I will try playing with the system control screen when I get to it next time. Boat is on the shelf in dry storage but accessible...just waiting for a little warmer weather and no more rain!

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Update: As the dead spot was relatively small, I have been making do w/the CONNEXT screen. However, the local dealer took a look at it, verified the dead spot, completed what checks and procedures they could do, then called Yamaha. It was covered under the extended warranty and getting replaced.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice on the replacement...Thanks Yamaha!

As noted above, mine quit working at the end of the first season. When I took it in, the Service writer said "try this" and proceeded to do a screen reset in Sys Control. rebooted the screen perfect.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cool! Glad it worked out! The techs at the dealership worked and “tried all we know” and didn’t solve the problem so, replacement. Glad it happened while still under warranty. I could have survived w/it but it was annoying at times.