• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Bluetooth and stock speakers failed

Msenz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New day new problem. So I put my boat in the water this weekend and I could not get the Bluetooth to connect to my phone no matter what I did. Deleted the ms-ra770 from my phone and turned the connext discovetable and it would not even come up. Along with the connection issue I realized that none of the stock speakers were working. I do have tower speakers and a sub hooked up to a separate amp that works just fine. The weird part is that the speaker issue is intermittent it they would come on sometimes but not stay on for more then a min at time. I believe the two issues are related. Anyone have/heard of anything like this?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try the old turn it off and back on again trick? Every now and again I have issues connecting my phone to different Bluetooth devices. Usually restarting my phone and the device solves that. I’ve also noticed that if my phone gets to far forward from the fusion head unit it cuts out. Another gotcha is being connected to another Bluetooth device and the music going to that. I can be connected to several Bluetooth devices but whatever connected last is what the music goes to.

How did you wire your amp? Assuming you bought the new RCA harness and did it that way. My first thought would be maybe the speaker wire harness came loose? Or a fuse somewhere. I don’t think there is any kind of separate fuse for the just the speakers.

Msenz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
Try the old turn it off and back on again trick? Every now and again I have issues connecting my phone to different Bluetooth devices. Usually restarting my phone and the device solves that. I’ve also noticed that if my phone gets to far forward from the fusion head unit it cuts out. Another gotcha is being connected to another Bluetooth device and the music going to that. I can be connected to several Bluetooth devices but whatever connected last is what the music goes to.

How did you wire your amp? Assuming you bought the new RCA harness and did it that way. My first thought would be maybe the speaker wire harness came loose? Or a fuse somewhere. I don’t think there is any kind of separate fuse for the just the speakers.
I tried the off on trick a few times and nothing it doesn’t even discover it. Yes I bought the new RCA harness for the amp. I thought that at first as well so I opened up the fusion head unit on the swim platform and made sure it was all good but the harness for the rca n the harness for the stock speakers is separate I did unplug give it the old wipe n blow still nothing.