• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext display went black, alarm went off and no wake mode/cruise assist stoped working

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I had a great day out in the water. Boat ran great, however the connext screen went black on me a very loud and annoying beeping noise continued, and I wasn’t able to engage no-wake mode or cruise assist. This is on a 2020 SX195. Anyone have any ideas what is going on. Is the alarm and no wake a result of the connext screen going black, or are there other things possibly at play? Any suggestions or things to try/look at are appreciated. (I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to see about getting it looked at, but if I don’t have to take it in I would rather not).

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
check to make sure your batteries are 100% charged and load test ok. bad batteries or low charge can give you all kinds of crazy electronic issues. this may or may not be it but its a simple thing to check and a good first place to look.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
check to make sure your batteries are 100% charged and load test ok. bad batteries or low charge can give you all kinds of crazy electronic issues. this may or may not be it but its a simple thing to check and a good first place to look.
I have two batteries on board, and both were hooked up to a trickle charger while stored, and while I didn't check voltage they started the motor without issue or hesitation. I will test to see if they are bad batteries, but with them being less than a year old I am hoping that is not the case. (although I would be glad if it was because that would be an easy fix).

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thats the one thing that makes me nervous about my boat is the connext screen, if it goes down we are S.O.L.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So you were able to drive back to the dock no issue but was the alarm going off the hole time? That would be embarrassing at the dock.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So you were able to drive back to the dock no issue but was the alarm going off the hole time? That would be embarrassing at the dock.
I reached under the helm and disconnected the speaker... the boat ran fine, absolutely no issues mechanically, and I have a Raymarine Axiom 7 that shows speed and water depth, and has my maps with my previous paths, and I had a full tank of gas, so I didn't really have a whole lot to worry about from that standpoint.

as for being embarrassed at the dock, I have seen (and done) my fair share of dumb SH!$ at the dock, and I've rarely seen the same person at the dock twice, so if anything it gives them a good story... normally though, if someone has an alarm going off or a problem with their boat, most people like to help out/give advice (solicited or not).

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Was the speaker hard to get to disconnect? Just wanting to be ready if and when is happens to me.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was the speaker hard to get to disconnect? Just wanting to be ready if and when is happens to me.
it was easy to get to, the wires were on really snug, but not too difficult to disconnect.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I just dropped the boat off at the dealer, hopefully I will have an answer soon

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got a update on my boat. Connext screen went out (and it’s apparently tied to the cruise/no wake mode). So they replaced the screen under warranty and everything is back to normal and working now! Also found out I have YES warranty (I didn’t know that when I bought the boat) and they said that because I had YES Yamaha warrantied the screen no questions asked.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Great that they fixed it so fast.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got a update on my boat. Connext screen went out (and it’s apparently tied to the cruise/no wake mode). So they replaced the screen under warranty and everything is back to normal and working now! Also found out I have YES warranty (I didn’t know that when I bought the boat) and they said that because I had YES Yamaha warrantied the screen no questions asked.
Did they give you any indication what it would cost if you didn’t have the warranty?

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did they give you any indication what it would cost if you didn’t have the warranty?
taling with the tech he said that those screens normally run about $1,500 if it isn’t covered by warranty (that wasn’t an official quote, just what the tech said) But I did see on Partzilla that the 4.3” connnext screen is like $8-900.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great that they fixed it so fast.
yeah, shout out to Boaters Exchange in Rockledge, FL. They have been awesome during this whole process and have made everything so easy, and based on stories on the forum about parts being on back order I was expecting the worst, but BE was truly awesome to work with.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I remember looking up my screen late last year and it was around $2800 from what i remember. I believe all the boats 21 and up with the floating pod screen are the same. That would hurt a little if that needed replacing. These are the enovation units. Hope they are durable. Fingers crossed