• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext fuel usage reading

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking at my total fuel used on the info screen and saw that each individual engine stops at 99.9 gallons of fuel.
Why so little the combined was only 199.8
Why wouldnt it keep counting?
Makes no sense to me so that you cant go beyond 99.9 gallons per engine

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed that on mine last season and was wondering if it was just a glitch with my system.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kinda dumb if ya ask me.
Should be a lot more

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I zero mine out after every refuel, so I dont need the big numbers. This gives me a much better idea of fuel remaining, and how much fuel I need to top off.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reset whenever refueling, that's my MO. The only way to know how much you have left in the tank. The fuel gauge is pretty much useless.

Now - once they start putting twin SVHOs into those hulls - you are gonna need a bigger fuel gauge!
:D

--

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My main screen show's my total consumption almost a 700 gallons...

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I zero mine out after I fill up. I filled up my boat the first time I took it out two times after that. When I put it on the trailer my gas gauge was reading 0%. I went to gallons used and it only showed me using 41 gallons. When I filled up I only put about 41 gallons in. So I agree the fuel gauge is useless

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I zero mine out after I fill up. I filled up my boat the first time I took it out two times after that. When I put it on the trailer my gas gauge was reading 0%. I went to gallons used and it only showed me using 41 gallons. When I filled up I only put about 41 gallons in. So I agree the fuel gauge is useless
Wow, that 2017 paint job is sick! Very nice.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The last three times I filled up, the gas pump stop so I figured it was full. The first two times it was only reading 95% full. Today I filled up and when we got the boat in the water the gas gauge read 78%. This is really starting to make me mad the pump stops I assume I'm full. Anybody else having this problem? I have 2017 AR240

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fill mine slow for the last 10 gallons and it gets 100% everytime.
I do point the nozzle forward though

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fill mine slow for the last 10 gallons and it gets 100% everytime.
I do point the nozzle forward though
How far do you put the nozzle in the gas tank. Some things I do like about the Kinect system but the gas reading I hate

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stick the nozzle in all of the way

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The last three times I filled up, the gas pump stop so I figured it was full. The first two times it was only reading 95% full. Today I filled up and when we got the boat in the water the gas gauge read 78%. This is really starting to make me mad the pump stops I assume I'm full. Anybody else having this problem? I have 2017 AR240
Not to be smart aleck, but some of the stations around have a $80 limit. Can be confusing, happened to me a couple of times - the pump stops, as if when full. Except it isn't. It needs to be restarted with new payment. Kind of annoying.
I'm sure this is not your issue, but just throwing it out there, as I have fallen for that couple times.

--

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to be smart aleck, but some of the stations around have a $80 limit. Can be confusing, happened to me a couple of times - the pump stops, as if when full. Except it isn't. It needs to be restarted with new payment. Kind of annoying.
I'm sure this is not your issue, but just throwing it out there, as I have fallen for that couple times.

--
I wish that was the problem. Each Philip was below $80. Like yesterday the boat only took 8 gallons and the pump shut down. I guess I will just have to climb up in the boat and check how full it is. It will be annoying but when I fill up I want to make sure I'm at a hundred percent.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish that was the problem. Each Philip was below $80. Like yesterday the boat only took 8 gallons and the pump shut down. I guess I will just have to climb up in the boat and check how full it is. It will be annoying but when I fill up I want to make sure I'm at a hundred percent.
Okay, here is another low tech idea, something I would do. Follow the gallons used to mentally "calibrate" the gauge, I have not heard of anyone here having an off reading of those in Connext. I would literally take a picture with a phone to keep records - when in doubt. You should be able to put back in what you burned.
Those Yammies are not known to choke up on filling up, so if yours is really doing that you would want to know why.

--

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to have a similar issue. Difficult to add fuel without constant shut off's despite not being even close to full. I loosened the vent cap-bolt (right next to the fill cap) just a fraction and now I very rarely get the clicking off/chocking up issue until she's nearly full. The I pause and go again for a final click. Always 100% now.
Only time she still gets fussy is when the pump is very fast, like almost semi truck-stop fast.