• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext integration with Polk PA4A

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How does the Pa4a connect the swim deck remote knob, ( commander ) was locked up and ASA gave me the option to bring it to the dealer for replacement or to mail in the commander . It was mailed in and they sent the entire system new Im in the process of upgrading and wanted to take the new unit and mount it under the dash and run dedicated ground, power and nice short RCA runs to the amps that will be mounted there as well. But what hooks up and communicates to the Connext? The 242x has the Tuner/amp mounted in the port seat storage compartment from pictures of the 242 limited it looks like its mounted under the dash.

926861556308649666.jpeg

Disclaimer (i'm no expert) - following... but my initial understanding is that the Tuner Amp module is what the controller uses to integrate to the connext which is why I believe you have to keep the module and use the RCA outs to build on the amp system in order to add speakers. The commander connects via the cord on the back of the module, which I believe is labeled if you crawl under there you can see it (thick black cable on the right side if I recall).

In my boat following from the tuner amp back the jensen bus y off to the tachs and the commander. The tachs translate the jdba to something else as they send the data to connext. In e series boats I think there is a gateway involved as well. The first y of the jdab is not documented in well in any wiring diagram out there but trust me it is there although hidden. This is why the everything still functions with the commander removed. The tuner/amp is where all of the brains and bluetooth are and the commander is just a fancy remote.

Definitely keeping the module I have two of them now from the pin out above the only items that could plug in would be USB or the satalite plug . I cant get in the boat for another week . The other odd thing was the stock polk amps had 4 RCA inputs and the module only has 2 they must have split them creating a week sgnal to the amps

In my boat following from the tuner amp back the jensen bus y off to the tachs and the commander. The tachs translate the jdba to something else as they send the data to connext. In e series boats I think there is a gateway involved as well. The first y of the jdab is not documented in well in any wiring diagram out there but trust me it is there although hidden. This is why the everything still functions with the commander removed. The tuner/amp is where all of the brains and bluetooth are and the commander is just a fancy remote.

Good info I will look for that wire

Realize this is an old thread, but wondering what the outcome was? I have a 2017 242x and thinking about relocating the PA4A to the Helm Locker along with the amplifiers. Wondering where the connection for the Connext is? would there be a diagram someone could share? Basically thinking there should be a wire harness that I could plug the Pa4A into the helm and with a Y cable send the output to my Remote at the swim platform?

Back