• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Polk PA4A Speaker wire to line in on new head unit

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally ditched the PA4A and replaced it with a Fusion 675 and a complimentary stern remote. It’s amazing. 4 zone control and with the added travel Wi-Fi router I can airplay to the unit. Anyway, the question is this. The Fusion does not have a marine radio like the PA4A, and I’d like to run it into the Fusion’s line in so I can still have the use of the marine radio. I ran an rca from one set of pre amp outputs and even at nearly full volume the audio is were weak. I know the Polk only pumps about 2v at full volume and I was wondering about going from the speaker wires out of the pile unit to rca’s to generate better volume. I’ve seen all sorts of line converters online but I’m thinking if I find the right volume setting, the Fusion unit will find a voltage out of the speaker wires to make an acceptable audio level. Anyone have experience with this please let me know. Also if you’re interested in pics from the fusion install I’ll gladly post them.

Brian

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally ditched the PA4A and replaced it with a Fusion 675 and a complimentary stern remote. It’s amazing. 4 zone control and with the added travel Wi-Fi router I can airplay to the unit. Anyway, the question is this. The Fusion does not have a marine radio like the PA4A, and I’d like to run it into the Fusion’s line in so I can still have the use of the marine radio. I ran an rca from one set of pre amp outputs and even at nearly full volume the audio is were weak. I know the Polk only pumps about 2v at full volume and I was wondering about going from the speaker wires out of the pile unit to rca’s to generate better volume. I’ve seen all sorts of line converters online but I’m thinking if I find the right volume setting, the Fusion unit will find a voltage out of the speaker wires to make an acceptable audio level. Anyone have experience with this please let me know. Also if you’re interested in pics from the fusion install I’ll gladly post them.

Brian
Have you tried adjusting the gain on the Fusion for the input? Instructions on page 7 on manual.

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, at max (I think 9) it was audible but low. you’d never hear it underway with people chatting on board.