• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext not working w/new HU - Upgraded from Fusion RA70NSX to RA770 on a 2020 242SE.

Molemansd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now I can see on the Connext screen what is playing on Bluetooth but all input icons are locked. I can’t control anything like volume, connecting different device to Bluetooth, advancing the song or anything. I didn’t connect the USB as old cable was corroded. I thought they communicated through the NMEA 2000 cable. Could it be the communicate through the USB cable or is something else wrong?

Attachments

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just put a 770 in my 2019 se. Same issue. I ended up putting the apollo remote in at the helm. Spoke to garmin and yamaha only contracted / coded the 70nsx through the N2k. 1000000805.jpga remote for the 770 in.

Molemansd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just put a 770 in my 2019 se. Same issue. I ended up putting the apollo remote in at the helm. Spoke to garmin and yamaha only contracted / coded the 70nsx through the N2k. View attachment 218820a remote for the 770 in.
yeah I couldn’t figure it out so I installed a ERX400 remote yesterday. It’s probably better anyways because it controls all the zones. I added bunch of tower speakers and pulled the sub off the factory amp. I put mine where the cell phone holder goes. I was contemplating putting out where you put yours.

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Agrred about the zones. So all stock WS speakers/amp with the sub on a different amp?

Molemansd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No I pulled those and put in 6.5” Fusion Signature Series 3 speakers. I had to grind out the openings a bit as they are a much more substantial speaker. I also added 8 7.7” Fusion Signature Series 3 Towers. Two facing out the back, two in the cabin and 4 will face the front. I still have to add the front ones. They were probably overkill, but I got an amazing deal on all of them. I’m running them with a Fusion amp I bought and moved the sub to that amp. Moving the sub made a huge difference! Kept the 6.5” ones on the factory WS amp. I’ll probably change the amp eventually. The system sounds amazing and is loud! I probably don’t even have to add the other four Tower speakers.

I bought the 7.7” Tower speakers for $229/pair and the 6.5” for $169/pair. The 6.5” were tower speakers. I just pulled them from the enclosures and installed them. I have them all set up as four zones with the RA770. The towers and sub are each separate zones, then there’s the forward and aft zones. Love it!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Holy shit! Thought I upgraded lol.
Replaced the stock ws 6.5 with JL M6 7.7 and added a 4th pair of 7.7s. Replaced the WS 10in sub with JL M6 sub. All are RGB. Running on JL 800/8 and JL 700/5. Along with the 770 and 400 remote. Optima blue top agm dule purse house batteries x 2.
1000000776.jpg1000000810.jpg1000000793.jpg1000000789.jpg1000000795.jpg

Attachments

Molemansd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s a solid system! I was looking at JL or WS but then found this deal that was too good to pass up.

I would like to add another house battery. What do I need? Is it much better for the audio not running the battery down?

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That’s a solid system! I was looking at JL or WS but then found this deal that was too good to pass up.

I would like to add another house battery. What do I need? Is it much better for the audio not running the battery down?

Are your current house and starter batteries set up to run parallel?

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Posted a pic of the batteries. They are just run like they come from the factory. Threw up some of the install also.
Ok so yes. Filp that yellow battery switch and they run in parallel in case the battery hooked up to the motors dies while you are out. You don't want to lose that so what I did was swap out the stock house battery for a dual purpose start / deep cycle AGM battery and then added a second wired in parallel as well. The dual purpose still have enough CCA to help start the engines if needed but also will take longer to drain when the motors are off and you are just running the system. You can find videos of how to wire in parallel on YouTube if needed but is simple. Positive to Positive and negative to negative.

Your stock set up is like mine. Just 2 marine starting batteries so I'm sire your house battery is draining quick! Mine only lasted about 3 hours with the stock system and the JL 800/8.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question. I disconnected my rear swim remote and installed a erx400 and RA 770 head unit. I now get an error saying no remote connected and to contact Yamaha. Did either of you have issues with disconnecting the factory swim remote? I have 19 speakers/ subs and 7 amps so I wanted to run it independently from the connext screen but I’m now getting this error message

Attachments

Last edited:

Molemansd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quick question. I disconnected my rear swim remote and installed a erx300 and RA 770 head unit. I now get an error saying no remote connected and to contact Yamaha. Did either of you have issues with disconnecting the factory swim remote? I have 19 speakers/ subs and 7 amps so I wanted to run it independently from the connext screen but I’m now getting this error message
We both have 242 SE’s. The head unit was factory mounted on the swim deck. We installed the ERX400 remotes at the helm. I don’t know about @2019se but I chose that model because it’s color, but more importantly it has a separate Ethernet connection back to the RA770. The NEMA 2K on Yamaha isn’t a true NEMA network. Only a few devices are designed to work on it with Yamaha’s proprietary coding. I’m pretty sure that Yamaha only contracted with Fusion to work with the head unit/remote that originally came on the boat. I don’t know what the work around could be for you.

I also got the ERX400 also because the RA770 wasn’t communicating with the Connext MFD. The RA770 is connected to the boat’s NEMA 2k cable and the ERX400 is tied in to the RA770 independently from the boats wiring system. I control the RA770 from the ERX400, not Connext. I don’t get any error messages though. Could you post the message you are getting?

Perhaps you could try disconnecting the ERX300 from the NEMA 2k cable and see if you still get that error. It may be confusing your boat’s network?

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No errors here either. Is you NEMA 2K still connected? Hell of a set up!

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi. thanks! I went with all M2 fosgate speakers and JL subs and sub amps. So we ran a new remote cable from the RA770 to the erx400 on the swim platform and left the factory cable and factory swim deck remote unplugged. The boat is at the marina so I’ll get a picture of the error next time I head there. Yamaha dealer says the factory remote communicates back to the connext so I might have to plug it back in and tie it up inside the hull. Not really wanting to go that route unless I have to.

Last edited:

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would try hooking the 770 to the connext with the NEMA cable. I know mine is still connected and no issues other than not being able to control the 770 woth connext. All info still displays on the connext screen though.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would I have to setup a NEMA bridge? I want the RA770 to be connected via the Ethernet remote cable I ran to the ERX400 but then it sounds like I need to also then hook the RA770 up to the connext screen?

Last edited:

2019se

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have the NRX300? I can't find a EX300.
Mine connects to the 770 through an ethernet cabel but it doesn't look like the nrx300 has that. It does say it comes with a T connector for the NEMA though.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry. You are right I have a ms-erx400 remote. I wired it via Ethernet cable to the RA770

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We both have 242 SE’s. The head unit was factory mounted on the swim deck. We installed the ERX400 remotes at the helm. I don’t know about @2019se but I chose that model because it’s color, but more importantly it has a separate Ethernet connection back to the RA770. The NEMA 2K on Yamaha isn’t a true NEMA network. Only a few devices are designed to work on it with Yamaha’s proprietary coding. I’m pretty sure that Yamaha only contracted with Fusion to work with the head unit/remote that originally came on the boat. I don’t know what the work around could be for you.

I also got the ERX400 also because the RA770 wasn’t communicating with the Connext MFD. The RA770 is connected to the boat’s NEMA 2k cable and the ERX400 is tied in to the RA770 independently from the boats wiring system. I control the RA770 from the ERX400, not Connext. I don’t get any error messages though. Could you post the message you are getting?

Perhaps you could try disconnecting the ERX300 from the NEMA 2k cable and see if you still get that error. It may be confusing your boat’s network?
“The RA770 is connected to the boat’s NEMA 2k cable and the ERX400 is tied in to the RA770 independently from the boats wiring system”.

Is the boats NEMA 2k cable plugged into the back of the connext screen? Could I just unplug that cable from the connext screen and then plug a short NEMA 2K cable in and run it to my RA770?

NJboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
“The RA770 is connected to the boat’s NEMA 2k cable and the ERX400 is tied in to the RA770 independently from the boats wiring system”.

Is the boats NEMA 2k cable plugged into the back of the connext screen? Could I just unplug that cable from the connext screen and then plug a short NEMA 2K cable in and run it to my RA770?
Wondering the same thing. I have a RA770 and ERX remote I’m planning to drop in this week, along with an MV800/8i to run 6x M6 6.5” and a M6 10” IB sub