• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Overheat?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When running at night, even at minimum brightness the connext screen is still too bright, I usually toss a t-shirt over it. Decided to run with the rubber cover on it last night on a 20-mile trip upriver. To my surprise and annoyance, when I took off the cover as I was coming closer to the ramp, I had no screen. Keypad/Joystick was unresponsive as well (which was fun as I was blaring my music on the way, and had no way to turn it down). Ended up switching off the breaker that supplies my amps so I could hear myself think, but that also killed the power to my chartplotter. Good times.

After I tied up to the dock I switched batteries on/off, and connext was operating normally. Fluke?

tulsashag

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2019 242x is having the same issue with the Connext overheating. Wet t-shirt over the screen with the house battery off and a quick boat ride typically cools it down enough for the system to boot back up properly. I've reached out to my sales guy to see if others have had similar issues

IMG_0644.jpgIMG_0644.jpg

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I guess my question would be did you try to turn the brightness down on the touch screen control before it overheated? Also if you turned the head unit off on the swim deck that should have killed the radio