• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Volume turns itself down

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I have a 2021 212XD with no stereo mods. I was listening to the stereo while cleaning the boat in the driveway at a low volume. All of a sudden the music was off. I looked and the volume was at 0. I turned it back up to about 15 (out of 100) and then it turned itself down to 0 again right in from of my eyes. I turn it up it turns itself back down like I am fighting someone pressing the volume down button.

I turned of the the key and turned it back on and it was fine for about 5 min and then it started doing that again. It does it when listening to FM radio or bluetooth so the problem is not limited to one of the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 212XD with no stereo mods. I was listening to the stereo while cleaning the boat in the driveway at a low volume. All of a sudden the music was off. I looked and the volume was at 0. I turned it back up to about 15 (out of 100) and then it turned itself down to 0 again right in from of my eyes. I turn it up it turns itself back down like I am fighting someone pressing the volume down button.
I've noticed that the Connext will not always know what the volume setting is when I use the Fusion head unit to turn it up and down. If I touch the joystick later to adjust volume, it will not turn up but will suddenly turn itself down and then work normally after that. I think it's an NMEA 2k communication issue that only happens when I use the head unit then use the joystick.

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I've noticed that the Connext will not always know what the volume setting is when I use the Fusion head unit to turn it up and down. If I touch the joystick later to adjust volume, it will not turn up but will suddenly turn itself down and then work normally after that. I think it's an NMEA 2k communication issue that only happens when I use the head unit then use the joystick.
I always use the joystick to turn the volume up and down unless I am using the remote on the stern. I do know that when this problem is occurring that the remote on the back is not functional.

If this problem continues, I guess I will have to see if the dealer can fix it.

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Just an update to this. It seems like the remote controller on the transom is causing this. It is either not responsive at all or the down volume gets stuck. Have the Y.E.S. Warranty so hopefully the dealer covers it.