• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering a 2017 242 Limited S

Jim46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
looking at a 2017 242 Limited S. It is new and last of the dealers 2017 inventory. Have not started negotiations but I was wondering if anyone had some insight as to what price point I should expect come in at. Any extras I should try to negotiate.

Thanks in advance.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Only a year old i wouldn't expect much drop from 2017 msrp. Certainly don't let them list 2018 pricing to make u feel like they dopped price for you.
No hours on boat? Maybe a demo?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Only a year old i wouldn't expect much drop from 2017 msrp. Certainly don't let them list 2018 pricing to make u feel like they dopped price for you.
Nearly 2 yrs old, as the ‘19s are about to drop right? Wow, how can they still have one of those.

Somebody explained once, you’d think they could really deal in order to move it. But, that dealer has been racking up expenses on that boat for 2 years... making it harder to deal.

Jim46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Yes, it is demo.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I picked up a 2017 Demo (with 12 hours) for 53K last fall. Came with 5-Year YES, mooring cover, CG package, fenders, and some other little freebies included. They did the 10HR service for me too before I picked it up.

Jim46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
So I took the 17 242 Limited S demo out for a ride and it was great.. For a 17 demo it has some wear on it. The latch to anchor, the head compartment and the glovebox were not closing properly. I am a noob so had no clue, but the guy who took me out had no idea how to check the hours on the boat. I assume somewhere around 10-15. Got back to the dealership and saleswoman indicated the boat was discounted down to $61K firm, then she proceeded to tell me how hard it was to get parts and repairs even under warranty. Entire experience was not great. Boat show here next week where I hope to have a better experience.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
61K seems very expensive to me for a '17 demo. If you get a chance to get on it again, just press the Trip Info button on the screen. Hours will be right there.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's too much. I got a 2017 242 e series for 60k out the door. I originally went for a 242 limited and that was $53k.

All demos should cone with 5 year YES and the deluxe mooring cover. Broken items should be covered under warranty.

If you can, wait till next boat show season and you can pick uo the 2018 inventory at a discount.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a 2017 Yamaha 242 Limited S E-Series with about 75 hours on it. Outstanding boat! Love the acceleration and performance. The interface on the panel is easy to learn and simple to manage. I know I am late to this thread so, did you get it? Did the dealer do the right thing and fix everything you took issue with? I paid $53 K for mine

Jim46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I did not... Boat show here next month... Wait and see what that brings..