• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering selling - suggestions re pricing?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm considering selling our 2011 SX210 but am having a hard time coming up with an appropriate asking price. Haven't seen any listed for sale in my area (Northern CA) and really only have NADA guide to go by. Just wondering if anybody has a good sense of what these boats might sell for? The boat is in good overall shape. Interior almost perfect, exterior is good and shiny but has a few minor gelcoat scratches and scuffs here and there from being used like a boat. No hour meter, but I'd be surprised if it has seen more than 30 - 40 hours of actual engine time during each of the past 3 summers (2011 leftover bought new in July 2012). Thoughts?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It really is market dependent. See if you can find some comps nearby then add 10-15% as a starting price.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i have the same boat (but am not ready to upgrade yet)... I am always curious as well as to the market rate for my boat... I can tell you every listing i see for a 2011 SX210 is much higher than i would expect to sell for... But most are from dealers and i am sure they negotiate off these prices some...

Here is one right down the road from me pending sale at a local dealer for $26,999... (hours not listed and boat basically stock)
http://www.hallmarine.com/Page.aspx/diid/9141955/list/InventoryList/pageId/31820/view/Details/2011-Yamaha-Boats-Sport-Boat-SX210.aspx

Here is one in Michigan with a crazy list price of basically MSRP on a used boat (45 hours) $32,300
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2011-YAMAHA-SX-210-102682339

Here is one in Alabama that seems more realistic at $21,999
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2011-YAMAHA-SX210-102715269

Here is a 2010 in Ohio (basically same boat) with only 11 hours for $29,995
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2010-YAMAHA-SX-210-102355543

Here is another 2010 for $24,900
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2010/Yamaha-SX210-2655413/Miami/FL/United-States#.Vw49VfkrK70

Without looking at any adds, and without knowing what they are actually selling for, i would have thought a 2011 SX210 (stock not counting major mods) would sell for low-$20K to mid-$20K

With an original MSRP of $32,999 anything high-$20K seems crazy to me for a boat that is almost 6 years old...

I looked mine up on NADA and came back with this for a stock 2011 SX210...

Low retail: $20,480
Average Retail: $23,240

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I listed stock just as a baseline... if i remember correctly from reading the forum, I'm pretty sure you have some upgrades (stereo, etc...) so im sure that adds some value as well...

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, guys. My boat is essentially stock. Just has an amp and some speakers. I am somewhat surprised - pleasantly - by some of those listing prices. Perhaps it's not unreasonable to list in the low/mid 20s. One thing I note is that these boats really aren't very popular in my hometown. I think I have seen a grand total of three or four on our lake over the past several years. Ironically there is one identical to mine in our Marina. I think that lack of presence here could hurt me, but who knows.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was the same here when i bought mine back in 2011... I didn't see another jetboat on the lake for 2 years hardly (maybe 1-2 others total)... Now i count 15-20 every time i go out...

They have spread very quickly here in recent years on my lake. When i bought mine i wasn't looking at jetboats at all, i was looking at I/O boats, but then i stumbled upon a picture of the Yamaha and the swim platform and did some research and was surprised how it compared... When i bought mine the SX210 was the entry Yamaha boat.

You may be surprised at what happens if you list it...

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is good info!