• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Constand buzzing sound

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There is a 1" speaker behind the helm that all it does is making buzzing noise when the battery is on. Does this do anything besides annoy me and drain the battery or can I rip it out?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It is supposed to be your alarm buzzer.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It is supposed to be your alarm buzzer.
So this also makes the annoying sound when I first start the boat, and my depth alarm?

I guess I can wire this into the ignition so it only has power then.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is a 12 volt buzzer that should only emit noise when +12 is applied. The most likley cause of the constant buzzing is EMI of some type. Perhaps unshielded speaker, vhf, or amp wires running close to it or the wires feeding it along the harness path?

As for the shrill beep at start up or orther alarms it is intended to produce I came up with the shrill to chill mod that modulates the incoming 12 volt signal to it changing it to a beep beep beep. I am working with another member here to improve that mod and hope to offer easy and cost effective kits for that. Should have info on that in a few weeks.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So is it the same as the alarm? It only makes noise when 12v is on, but has done it since day 1.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes same as the alarm and the component is known as a buzzer in electronics terms. 12 volt being on alone should not make it emit noise. It should have to receive its own 12 volt signal. Knowing your backgroud think of like the 12v horn on a car alarm system because it works the same way. Just because the alarm is armed does not mean it makes any noise at all. It must receive its own 12v signal. Sounds like something is amiss from the factory or the buzzzig may be coming from a different component. Tach or Connext are my thoughts on other components that may do that but of course should not.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My Shrill to Chill mod was to wrap black tape around the grill of the buzzer, not too high tech but works well:)