• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler and location?

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Under rear seat, starboard side

AO stow n go cooler

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used to keep the cooler under one of the back seats, but found it really annoying to have to ask people to move every time somebody needed a drink. I ended up buying two soft sided cheap coolers (48 can size) from Bass Pro Shops and they fit perfectly in the center storage locker with plenty of room to spare for other stuff. They have held up through two seasons now going on three. It's easy to pull them out, pass everyone a round, and then throw them back in the hold.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-soft-side-cooler

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When we getting our destination I set the cooler behind the capt chair for ease of access.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I use a soft cooler that has a hard insert that fits well in the center ski locker. I think it's from Costco. I think the cooler sucks but my wife never took it back so I guess we are keeping it. There is a cooler that fits under the bench on the ARs, Coleman makes it, they can be stacked and seem to be cheap enough. Someone posted a pic of it on another post.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We use an rtic 40 and place it in the center of the floor so everyone in rear can reach. It's a heavy option but keeps ice and holds quite a lot of closed ones[flag]

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We use several depending on the trip.

Just us and the boys for an afternoon we have a soft sided Cole man that sits at the feet of the captains chair.

Longer day trips and multiple adults we have a hard sided cooler for adult beverages that we add to the mix. It goes under the starboard seat for cruising, and then gets set on deck once at anchor. It's sturdy enough to step on so it slots in front of the rear seat.

I have thoughts of putting a sliding drawer under the helm to hold a large cooler, but haven't mobilized on that yet.

Mitchell_dh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put my Yeti hopper in the center storage area and a small soft sided cooler with food under the bench. I am not a huge fan of the opening at the top of the Yeti, but it sure keeps the drinks cold in the AZ summers.

On the other thread mentioned, I believe someone said the Coleman Stacker coolers fit nicely under the bench. I think I will probably add this for this year for additional capacity.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-24-Can-Stacker-Portable-Cooler/dp/B002BMCLMU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547247452&sr=8-2&keywords=coleman+stackable+coolers

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Under the bench seat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put my Yeti hopper in the center storage area and a small soft sided cooler with food under the bench. I am not a huge fan of the opening at the top of the Yeti, but it sure keeps the drinks cold in the AZ summers.

On the other thread mentioned, I believe someone said the Coleman Stacker coolers fit nicely under the bench. I think I will probably add this for this year for additional capacity.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-24-Can-Stacker-Portable-Cooler/dp/B002BMCLMU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547247452&sr=8-2&keywords=coleman+stackable+coolers
Anyone know the exterior dimensions on this thing? Colemans website doesn't say anything about exterior dimensions.

I measured the under seat storage area as being able to fit something 32in x 16in x 8-1/2in Getting under that 8-1/2in is the obvious hard part.

*edit*.....I should read more....It's literally the first answer on Amazon's asked questions page

Product Dimensions are: 22 x 13.4 x 8.3 inches ; 4.8 pounds

*edit #2*

I forgot I found this cooler awhile back. I haven't tried it yet, but being soft sided it at least gives a little "squish room" if it's overly tall to slide under the seat.

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I use the Coleman Stacker which fits great under the seat for pop, water and beer. I use an RTIC soft cooler for food and keep that on the seat behind the drivers seat.