1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Island Jay has developed an "I SURVIVED THE BIMINI CROSSING" shirt for those that have made the crossing or plan to! They also have JETBOATERS flags available NOW!

Save 10% when you use code JB at check out.
    Plus orders $35 or more get Free USA Shipping (on your entire order-not just Jetboats.net atire).

Grab your Official Jet Boaters Gear and other Boating, Beach and Nautical Tees during the >> Island Jay Jetboaters Only Introduction Sale through the end of July!

(Logged in Members can click the X in the upper right of this window to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Cooler Options??

Discussion in 'Yamaha Center Console 190 & 210 FSH' started by Tailwaters, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Tailwaters

Tailwaters Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Has anyone swapped out the OEM cooler with something of better quality?? I had a Perma Chill on my last bay boat and kept it with the hopes it would fit but it's way to big. Haven't sat down to check size options as of yet so figured I'd see if anyone else has made the change? If so what brand and size worked?

2. Rich NW Jboater

Rich NW Jboater Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Can someone with access to their boat tell us what the dimensions are for the space under the seat? The weather is crap right now and I don't want to freeze my butt off just to measure it.

I'm looking at an RTIC cooler that is 15 7/8 H by 26 1/2 W and 16 1/2 D. Does anyone know if that will fit?

At my place of work, we throw away a ton of scrap aluminium and I could easily find enough scrap to machine some blocks to raise the helm to what ever I need it to be.

3. Tailwaters

Ratings:
    +127 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    I could have checked yesterday it was 60 degrees here. Today 20.

4. Jgorm

Jgorm Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +458 / 14
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Best bang for the buck is Coleman marine extreme. Lots of sizes. 98% of yeti at 1/4 the cost.

5. Tailwaters

Ratings:
    +127 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    I bought an RCTIC softsided and it's awesome

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kthrash

kthrash Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +674 / 21
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    nope wont fit..

7. Tailwaters

Ratings:
    +127 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Looks like we may hit 50 this weekend. I'll try to venture out in the storage building and measure the oem cooler

8. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    I approached it a bit different. I use the cooler spot for my dry bags...towels and sometimes an extra fuel tank. I've used the straps to secure an Engle 65. I can still tilt for the engine compartment and it doesn't move. Put a space in so i can open the cooler too. PLUS...you can stand on it looking for snook!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tailwaters

Ratings:
    +127 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Bruce good idea! Plus you don't have to slide the darn thing out every time you want a cold one. I guess the only down fall would the use of the reverse seating on the leaning post?

10. Foobar

Foobar Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +424 / 5
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    25x x 18d x 16h

i would not get a cooler taller than 15' or 17d.

11. Rich NW Jboater

Rich NW Jboater Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Thanks Foobar

12. vanmurray

vanmurray Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    I struggled with this when we bought our 242LSE. Came with a cheap cooler that had to be tilted just to get in/out.

Found a Yamaha AOCooler soft side. I can’t find it on Yamaha parts anymore, but it’s this cooler. It fits perfect under the seat and is easy to get in and out. Holds ice well. Took this pic for another, but you can see it (back corner behind the Yeti, on top of the stock one) :)

Thinking about putting Yeti 65 with tie downs using it for more cooler capacity and an extra seat/footrest/table in the middle rear seating (still need to measure and test fit to see if I like it or if it will just be in the way)...

7C82DF71-6333-4094-B017-6B60E7A2EF51.jpeg