• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler Sound System Project

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So at the end of last season I took all of the sound equipment out of my Scarab and installed a new sound system, then a few months ago I wanted to sell the stuff that was in there, other than the tower speakers which sold in a day, everyone was really low balling me on the stuff that I was already selling cheap. Instead of selling the equipment I decided I wanted to build a functional cooler with a sound system with a good friend of mine. Well here it is! ;)
I used 2 kicker marine speakers, a kicker car subwoofer, 2 Kicker amplifiers, a small battery, 1/8in to RCA cord, which goes into a volume control knob, through a signal booster and then gets split into 2 amplifiers. I have 3 rocker switches which turn on the amplifiers and the LED's. We used plexiglass and silicone to build the partition. Lastly we siliconed Tupperware bowls to the speakers to keep them waterproof as well. I was going to paint the plexiglass white so it came out clean and you didn't see any wires (its such a small area to hide them) the white would've blended in nicely with the cooler but I figured it looked pretty bad ass to see all the guts of it (just my opinion). Most importantly, it will hold at least 36 beers with ice!
IMG_1635.JPG IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1631.JPG IMG_1637.JPG IMG_1638.JPG IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1962.JPG IMG_1978.JPG IMG_1979.JPG GOPR8183.JPG

Nice work. I put together something similar (just a lot less powerful speakers, no sub and one amp) but it also has an electric water gun. All told it cost me around $300. There is or was one on kickstarter that seemed to have it all and the last time I looked they had raised over $2m in their kick starter campaign but yours seems like it will do a better job where the sound system is concerned. Again , nice clean work. I like the clear v. Painted plexiglass look.

cool, I've always wanted to do this to carry to our neighborhood pool. How long does it run on a battery charge?

cool, I've always wanted to do this to carry to our neighborhood pool. How long does it run on a battery charge?
I have yet to test it but based on amp and battery specs it says about 20 hours but I'm thinking with constant music playing I could see more around 10-12 hours.

All it is missing is a thru hull charging port!

All it is missing is a thru hull charging port!
There's 3 little things left to do lol
A battery meter
Phone charger
Quick disconnect battery charger mounted on the side haha

I have yet to test it but based on amp and battery specs it says about 20 hours but I'm thinking with constant music playing I could see more around 10-12 hours.

awesome. So, how does it sound? Hard to tell from the video.

awesome. So, how does it sound? Hard to tell from the video.
It sounds pretty good not gonna lie. It's not my JLs but it's great for a cooler. It sounded even better without the Tupperware behind the speakers but that was a necessity for waterproofing them.

Excellent work!

How much does that weigh?

Cool idea! I love it!

What is the Ipod plugged into?

Excellent work!

How much does that weigh?
It has some weight to it lol with beer and ice in there it'll be a 2 person carry

If you wanted to lose the Tupperware over the speakers you could probably use a soft sided cooler inside for beer and ice.

The big question is, does it still keep beer cold?:)

If you wanted to lose the Tupperware over the speakers you could probably use a soft sided cooler inside for beer and ice.
Nah I saw someone do that I didn't wanna do that. I like the way it is. Holds about 36 beers and ice.
The big question is, does it still keep beer cold?:)
Yes it does!

@DJMattyT
likes his beer shaken, not stirred

Back