• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Costco tube on sale June 2 anyone have this one? Comments?

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the previous model, going on its third year now, kids love it.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have that tube. But I have bought others at Costco and their return policy is second to none. Full refund with no questions asked.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree about Costco. I had to return two of their tubes last year and they got me a new one each time. They even game me 30% off on the tube for this year because of my problems. The two tubes broke from user abuse I would say, but either way Costco took care of it.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have last years model and have had the previous two years' models, all from costco. Hidnnos also just bought the same tube as the one cited and I got to check it out a few weeks ago.

First, it's a good deal anyway you look at it whether its $180 or $240ish. It comes with a rope and possible an electric pump as well, neither of which Costco expects back on a return or exchange, comparable tubes (4 rider) sell for $350 to $450. It has separate seats so more grab handles than the big mable. I had the paparazzi tube for two seasons and ended up selling it for less than half of its $430 price. IMHO its crap but that is another story which I will find the link to if you want.

What's nice about the new model which I call the Spider-Man tube because of the color (costco is pushing the red and blue version here in ncal) compared to previous models, is that the side walls are higher which should provide the side riders with a heightened sense of security. What I dislike about it is that it is tapered so the side riders legs' are forced to center. Still if my current costco 4 person tube failed this would be the replacement unless of course costco is out of stock than I'd wait until next year to get whatever model costco has available.

Last edited:

Charlie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had the Costco tube since 2007. It hasn't changed in design but it has changed in colors. It has gone through 3 kids, the vast array of boyfriends that come with having pretty daughters, and now, my 12 year old and his big brother. It has quite literally gone thru hell and it's still going strong. I've seen the Big Mable at boat shows. I kicked it, squeezed it, bounced on it....it's big alright. Think...what am I gonna do with this thing when nobody wants to tube. You can't go wrong with the costco tube. It's fabulous fun for both kids and adults. I hope this helps.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As (bad) luck would have it. we blew up our Costco tube from last year for the first time this past weekend and found that the main tube had a slow leak in it. Over an hour it would deflate considerably. So on Monday, I exchanged the tube for a newer model. As expected there were no issues, even though I brought just the tube in (wet and sandy), no box, receipt, or rope. The new one cost me $20 more but it included a new rope and electric pump (both spares too me). Unless Costco changes its return/exchange policy to make it worse, my plan is to buy all my tubes from them. Therefore, unless Costco starts carrying the big mable I will never own one. FYI the first location I went to didn't have the new tube in stock so they gave me a cash refund instead of a store credit, again, no hassles.

On an unrelated note: Our inflatable 10' long Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) was just delivered. We got it from Costco as well for $500 (including shipping I think). For comparison, I've seen similar SUPS selling for $600 to $900 elsewhere with little or no return / exchange policy applied to them.

P6233109.JPG

P6243125.JPG

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Is the 4 person tube "fun" for one or 2 riders?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh yeah. It's also good for just lounging. We usually don't blow it up unless we have at least two people willing to use it, whether it is being towed or just drifting.