• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Could use a little help

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm wanting to upgrade the head unit in our boat. I'm leaning toward Pioneer's AVH-X3800BHS, Kenwood DDX374BT or the Alpine CDE-W65BT. What these all have in common is that they all double din and with at least 6 channel preamp outputs and 4 volt preamp voltage. These are all things that a buddy of mine said I should look for if he were looking to make a change.

If any of you have one of these units and can give some insight, I would appreciate the advice or if you have another receiver that I haven't looked at.

Thanks!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I switched the our radio out and went with Clarion M303 with MW1 swim deck Remote I also added the wireless remote so I could change the radio stations and volume while in the water and not close to the boat.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is there a reason for a double din? Is the mount already that big? I think most radios now are single din. I remember in vehicles double din was for aftermarket GPS. Most marine applications I've looked at are single though.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is there a reason for a double din? Is the mount already that big? I think most radios now are single din. I remember in vehicles double din was for aftermarket GPS. Most marine applications I've looked at are single though.
I've got plenty of room, it will go in a cabinet in the salon so it will never be outside. A friend of mine was the one who recommended the double din. I have a Clarion similar to the one I had in my Yamaha and it doesn't have enough outputs to handle all I have on this boat now. I currently cannot fade or balance any of the speakers onboard...I have 8. I do have one amp hooked up but I might consider adding another.