• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Courtesy Lights and SeaDek

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got the blue courtesy lights and SeaDek installed!

Hanging out at the Islamorada Sandbar.IMG_5792.JPG IMG_5795.JPG IMG_5798.JPG IMG_5806.JPG IMG_5807.JPG

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks awesome! What did you use for the courtesy lights?

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used these to replace the factory installed white lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072TZTW21

These under the gunnels: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZA2URS

And these in the console foot well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYFODZ4

The strip lights I used under the gunnels can be cut to any length but I used the whole 16' on each side. They have an adhesive tape backing which you can supplement with a drop of super glue every foot or so. I haven't used any super glue yet, waiting to see how well they hold.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used these to replace the factory installed white lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072TZTW21

These under the gunnels: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZA2URS

And these in the console foot well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYFODZ4

The strip lights I used under the gunnels can be cut to any length but I used the whole 16' on each side. They have an adhesive tape backing which you can supplement with a drop of super glue every foot or so. I haven't used any super glue yet, waiting to see how well they hold.
Thank you very much for the links!

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Mike! I copied you except for the console foot well lights. Turned out great!

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How did you run the wiring from under the gunwales to the battery and or the helm switches, working on the same project. Thanks

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Mike just ordered exactly what you used, sorry to copy you but your set up is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. When you can please let me know how your wired the strips under gunnels? Thanks!!!

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I tapped in to the existing courtesy lights. Ran the wires through the opening under gunnel on port side and drilled a small hole under gunnel on the starboard side. Then just zip tied all the wires out of the way.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I tapped in to the existing courtesy lights. Ran the wires through the opening under gunnel on port side and drilled a small hole under gunnel on the starboard side. Then just zip tied all the wires out of the way.
That was my idea to run all the lights together with the 2 existing courtesy lights, forgive me for sounding stupid, but how did you get the wires from under the gunnel thru to tie in with the courtesy lights under the helm? Thanks in advance.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used what I call fish tape. Its a metal wire used for running wires through walls,etc. You can get one cheap at lowes. Wire goes through gunnel, under storage boxes, then under deck into console. Its pretty open under there. Easy to run wires, you just have to tidy them up when done. I zip tied most to existing wire looms. I would make sure to clean where you tape the led strips to really well. I didn't and mine are falling down in a spot. But ill fix with some double sided tape later.

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did what @Grassman did... you can get from under the helm to the battery box by pulling up the mat at the helm and removing the fuel tank access cover.

Once you get that cover off you can run wires into the engine compartment then to either side using existing holes... no fish tape required.

On the STBD side you will need to drill a hole but you can put it high enough that it can't be seen unless you're laying on the deck.

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also installed two spreader lights pointing aft and two spots pointing forward on the T-top.

I used the existing wire for the T-top mounted anchor light to pull a piece of line through the T-top frame then pulled all the wires I needed up through the existing holes in the side of the console and the T-top frame.

Of course I had to cut one end of the existing anchor light wire but put that connector back on when I was finished.

I ran both sets of lights to the AUX switches on the console.

So all of my lighting (less the Dagon RGB transom light) is on the console.

The switch for the transom light as well as the Lowrance and VHF radio are on the Blue Seas circuit breaker box I installed in the battery compartment.

IMG_5841.JPG IMG_5845.JPG IMG_5846.JPG

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also installed two spreader lights pointing aft and two spots pointing forward on the T-top.

I used the existing wire for the T-top mounted anchor light to pull a piece of line through the T-top frame then pulled all the wires I needed up through the existing holes in the side of the console and the T-top frame.

Of course I had to cut one end of the existing anchor light wire but put that connector back on when I was finished.

I ran both sets of lights to the AUX switches on the console.

So all of my lighting (less the Dagon RGB transom light) is on the console.

The switch for the transom light as well as the Lowrance and VHF radio are on the Blue Seas circuit breaker box I installed in the battery compartment.

View attachment 73981 View attachment 73982 View attachment 73983
Hey Mike I was planning on doing the same thing for lights on the t top, was it hard to to make the turns thru the top rail of the top?