• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Covers....Cough.. Sorry, I threw up in my mouth!

Agreed, on a cover in otherwise good condition iron on patches, flex seal, tear aid, even duct tape would work as a patch/band aid but at some point, preferably before the any of these things are bought and used, an evaluation needs to be made to determine if the cover is worth repairing. When I see cover colored dust in my boat after removing the cover or if the stitching at the seams starts to break in numerous areas that cover is no longer road worthy and may not be worth repairing for use as a storage cover either (e.g., if I can tear it by just pulling at it).

One thing I’ve done is keep as many of the parts of dead covers that I can, like the straps, clips, vents and clear reinforcements. I’ve had to use these as spare parts (mostly the straps and clips) several times already.

Question, I have just found your site, also new to all of this. Please bare with me. Oh, if I do something wrong let me know. I have an AR230 /2005, Looking for a factory cover. In the pass I have used a company that hand made the cover (on my second one) price's have gone up to ($800 to $1200) . Guess my boat is to old. No one goes back that far. Can any one help? Max

For that kind of money, I would recommend the Yamaha factory Premium/deluxe cover for towing/storage or the snap on covers for mooring.

@Max Ragland , You should be able to find a genuine Yamaha mooring cover on line for between $400 and $500. A shipping cover if you can find one should sell for around $250.

The best I saw on Ebay for the black was around $600. If they are out there under $500, there is no question that would be the choice. They fit well, trailer well and are easy to put on.

Back