• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crack in 252SE hull bottom. Need advice.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2022 model. Have only had it for 15 months. Went 6 years with an AR195 and never had anything like this happen. Just noticed it yesterday and am honestly clueless on when or how this damage occurred. Was not near any rocks or anything.

Hoping because it is on the ribs it might be just cosmetic?

Thoughts on repairs and concerns? Thanks

Attachments

BlueBulls

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The next time you get the boat off the trailer take a closer near the rear edges of the bunks and feel for protruding screws under the carpet. As long as you are hitting the trailer dead center there is no problem, but coming in with any angle especially with the trailer shallow can cause these marks.

There's been a few guys with the same issue - including me. My gouge was much shorter and I just filled it in with black gel coat and called it good but I think several have been successful making warranty claims.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hard to tell exactly where on the hull this is but could be from hitting part of the trailer if its in too deep and the boat goes sideways. Needs to be fixed or temporarily sealed before you get her wet again. Should be a $400-600 repair depending on where you live.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hard to tell exactly where on the hull this is but could be from hitting part of the trailer if its in too deep and the boat goes sideways. Needs to be fixed or temporarily sealed before you get her wet again. Should be a $400-600 repair depending on where you live.
Here is A better shot of the location

I was hoping to sand down the rough edge and repair myself with one of the several marine hull repair epoxy kits I've seen. Not overly concerned with cosmetic appearance in that location

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is A better shot of the location

I was hoping to sand down the rough edge and repair myself with one of the several marine hull repair epoxy kits I've seen. Not overly concerned with cosmetic appearance in that location
Fairly easy repair, especially if you are not overly concerned about an exact color/consistency match. Start with a small Dremel grinder and be sure to grind out all of the loose/chipped gelcoat.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length