• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cracked hull ?

I bought some, but haven't gotten around to using it yet. The cosmetic spider cracks have just not been enough of a priority for me to act on it. Was curious if anyone successfully used it, it does really look "easy". I will post if I get around to it this year.

I tried it on the black of my hull. I was not pleased with the result. It wasn't a good color match and didn't fill the crack as much as I would have liked. I ended up sanding the area down and fixing with Spectrum paste.

I assume that at least with white it would be a better color match.

I did not used their "hair line" product, but tried the "chip-fix" (their flagship offering) on my 190 navy blue hull. What a joke!!!
Honestly, I was so incredulous and disgusted (since I knew I should not have purchased it in the first place) I did not even want to deal with those people, or ask for my money back.

--

I just noticed yesterday that my boat has a couple of the cracks.

I think I am going to leave it as is and let it be a permanent reminder of my own stupidity. Look at the mirror every morning doesn't cut it anymore.

Back