• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cracked hull

Swamp Poodle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just took my AR250 out for mid summer cleaning and about had a heart attack when I saw this crack on the port side. Looks to be cosmetic, but don’t want to take any chances. Any words of advice?

Attachments

• B4BAB030-3CFC-4FEF-A6E1-9D44841D8F6E.jpeg
    B4BAB030-3CFC-4FEF-A6E1-9D44841D8F6E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
That’s a shame. Did you hit something? It looks to me like the gel coat has spider cracks. I’m sure the seaworthiness is not compromised but I worry those cracks could spread. Let’s see what others think but I’d get it looked at if I were you.

We occasionally rub on the dock because our new slip is down river, but nothing hard. I called the dealer they said probably a air pocket in the jelcoat and that it can be fixed under warranty. I hope it doesn’t get worse. Thanks for your reply. Cheers

Sweet they were that easy with the warranty claim.

Get fenders, next time it could be on your dime.
We occasionally rub on the dock because our new slip is down river, but nothing hard. I called the dealer they said probably a air pocket in the jelcoat and that it can be fixed under warranty. I hope it doesn’t get worse. Thanks for your reply. Cheers

Back