• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help!! Ding on my "new to me" 212X

imwchnu

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello fellow members...first of all, thanks for the add! We're new to boating and purchased a new to us 2013 212X. We are so far thoroughly enjoying it although we've only taken it out twice this season. Well, just today, while cleaning it and shining her all up, I saw what looked to be a dip/divot on rear corner, starboard side just above the rub rail. I pressed on it lightly to see what it was and heard a crack! Obviously, I didn't continue to press but see the pics below for what me pressing it did....I'm bummed and don't know how to proceed with this. Is this a crack/dent in the hull, if so, how to fix/address? Any and all help is appreciated as we're not sure what to do or if it's even water-worthy at this point. Thank you all!
boat1.jpg
boat2.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a crack and should be fixed. Your options are:
  1. Your boat insurance may take care of it with a deductible and you can have a professional shop fix it.
  2. Pay for it yourself and have a fiberglass shop fix it.
  3. Do it yourself. Probably wouldn't recommend unless you have done fiberglass and gel coat repair before. But it can be done, it is just going to take some work to get it to look good.
Its above the rub rail, so you could wait till end of season to get it fixed. If it was my boat, I would slap some marine tape/flex seal or something so as to keep water out, since it looks like there is a crack there and deal with it after the season. A shop will keep your boat for a while, no Idea how long, but something you should look into so you know if you plan on going that route.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like a bubble in the gel coat. Agree that I would definitely fix that asap but if there’s a wait for repairs…
1685646524504.jpeg

imwchnu

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks folks....I took some video from the inside using the cup holder hole in the hull. The area looks intact so I agree that it must be an air bubble int he gel coat. Another person on the Yammy jet boat owners group recommended a spectrum gel coat repair product which I'm going to have a look at. I appreciate all the input on this! Feeling better that it's not an actual divot in the fiberglass material. Eventually, I'll get it professionally done.