• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cracked PLASTIC Fenders...oh no not another trailer fender thread

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2014 AR210 with a Shoreland'r tandem axle trailer with the black plastic fenders. These are found on AR210, SX210 etc (see pic and sorry @djetok I stole your picture). My problem is the plastic is cracking where the fenders are attached to the trailer. One finally broke loose last weekend and was flapping. I got to looking and all 4 are cracking in same place (in between the 2 fenders in the middle). I dug on shorelandrs website, found a part number and got price of $118/fender + shipping. There are 4 separate fenders and I'm not paying that much $500+ for cheap flimsy plastic that will just break again. In the meantime I have epoxied the cracks but I can't imagine that will last long. Any one had any success finding an alternate source for these? I'm guessing you can buy a different fender cheaper but just not sure where to start. I'm also guessing the dual fenders on the 212X or 24 foot boats would likely fit as well, but worried may be just trading one problem for another. And yes I am well aware of all the tire replacements/fender bracket cracking issues on the bigger boats. That is not my problem. The fender brackets are just fine, it's just the fenders themselves are just cheap flimsy plastic.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Capture.JPG