• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cruise assist mod

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone here know if "cruise assist" can be added to a boat that didn't come with it from the factory?

I have a 2012 SX210 and want to add cruise assist if possible from parts if that will work.

I know there is Perfect Pass but I wouldn't use it for towing. I really want more of a cruise control.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While perfect pass is designed for water sports, it works very well as cruise assist. I use it all the time. Not sure if there is going to be something that is designed for cruise assist but not water sports and for yamaha boat.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking more along the lines of pulling the parts from another Yamaha boat or ordering them from a dealer and installing them to my SX210.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The cruise assist feature is only available on the 1.8l engines. I was in the same line of thinking as you wanting to add it to my boat and found out it was only available on the 1.8l engines. Maybe on the next boat.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the easiest and most sound retrofit would be Perfect Pass. The install on my 232 was straight-forward and it can easily be used as a cruise assist.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. I have a buddy with a 212SS and that's the first time I'd seen the cruise assist. It's pretty slick. I'm sure PP is much better but it's a lot of money just to hold my throttles for me. We don't ski or tube with our boat. I was just hoping that there were parts that could be added to the 210 to make it perform like the cruise assist boats do.

Happy boating.