• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cruise control

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Anyone know what my options are for cruise? I have a 14 gts187 250hp with the brp 4 tec. I was hoping something plug and play that sea do had/has. Thanks for any help!

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Does your boat have the ITC (Intelligent Throttle Control) There was a thread in the Scarab section I think, someone added the plugin module from the BRP PWC's to enable cruise / ski mode but I don't think it worked. Not sure if they needed the dealer or CanDoo to turn the option on.

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
What's the best way to know if my boat has itc?

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I'm assuming it does, is there a throttle cable from the helm to the motor, or does the throttle cable go to a "device" under the console.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
So I'm pretty sure all the boats have itc, but looks like the "options" are limited. Found a thread on greenhill about how to add ski mode / cruise to any ski, it might be worth a read. I'm surprised the boat brands are not offering the add on module at a usually high "boat" price.

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks! Have a link to where you found the info?

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Here's the link, I was looking at the Glastron and they use different gauges then the other brp powered boats I've seen. Does your boat have a mode and set button? Do you have eco mode or docking mode? Can you change the small digital display?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260504

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
This is a pic of my gauges. The buttons are basically backward and forward to toggle the small display to show depth/speed/rpm/temp digitally .2014-glastron-gts-series-187-7.jpg

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Since they are using "custom" gauges, and looks like they have it setup to go thru the display options with the toggle to go forward / back. Given that I'm not sure if you'll be able to add the cruise module. Looks like you would need to add the mode / set etc buttons. Have you contacted Glastron to see if they offer an upgrade?

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Nope, but I will