• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cucumber Beer ?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You read that right.....

So...my mother -in-law was out for a few days......ahem, a few Looong days, last weekend. And of course she had an entourage. 4 of 'em to be exact. Well that's OK, she's great (this is a public forum) and we had a great time ;)

My wife was run ragged from taking the bunch all over to see the sights...Hollywood Sign, walk of fame, Playboy Mansion =oops, no that was me, they went to Venice Beach to see the "Sights" (that means crazy people to y'all who haven't been there).

Well they stopped for lunch at a place on the strand. When my wife got home she was raving about this Santa Monica Cucumber Beer that they had. Evidently several of them. :eek:

So, now I have to find this stuff because it's her new favorite thing. She actually doesn't like beer so I was surprised to hear about this stuff.

Has anyone had it?
What kind - I Googled and found a couple, but don't know where to buy it for her.

Or do I just get Coors Light and stick a cucumber in it? No? Didn't think so....:(

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Did she say who makes it? I know there's some really great breweries in you corner of the country, especially down near San Diego.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did she say who makes it? I know there's some really great breweries in you corner of the country, especially down near San Diego.
All she said was the waiter called it "Santa Monica" cucumber beer. Santa Monica is the town/city just north of Venice. There are a bunch of local breweries, but I couldn't find one with that name. They have a brewery in El Segundo that now makes one-day beer...I don't want to know how they do that...:confused:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found three hits of cucumber infused beer, not sure if any are close to Santa Monica or if they are being brewed this year by these breweries:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/ironfire-cucumber-ale/200527/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/alesmith-speedway-stout--cucumber-ginger/191297/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/modern-times-lomaland--cucumber/259276/

Might try checking their websites to see if they have some more info if they are doing those beers this year.
Thanks, the third one on the list sounded good, but they don't make it anymore...:(

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score