• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cup Holder Covers

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nothing too terribly special, but thought I’d share in case anybody had a need and a 3D printer. The wife for whatever reason likes to put her knees right in the cup holders when she’s dropping/pulling up the anchor and has complains that it really hurts when she does so (knee jammed on a stainless steel ring - makes some sense), so I printed a cap to alleviate the issue. Surprisingly it all fit up perfectly on the first iteration, as far as I can tell it rests on the inner lip and top rim of the cup holder while barely avoiding the gel coat. There’s intentionally a little lateral play so I wouldn’t have to jam it in there, making it a pain to pull out. Gonna see about maybe getting some coaster sized seadek made with the Yamaha logo to put on top to jazz it up some.

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's neat, can you share the .stl?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Attachments

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Looks like you have some skills. You should print some stock GPS covers. Seen a bunch of guys on the forum who have broken or missing ones and you have to buy a whole new GPS unit as they don’t sell the covers separately. You could probably makes some side cash!

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like you have some skills. You should print some stock GPS covers. Seen a bunch of guys on the forum who have broken or missing ones and you have to buy a whole new GPS unit as they don’t sell the covers separately. You could probably makes some side cash!
Lol thanks. I've seen the thread, chewed on the idea but I don't have an original to work off of and been pretty busy lately.

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nothing too terribly special, but thought I’d share in case anybody had a need and a 3D printer. The wife for whatever reason likes to put her knees right in the cup holders when she’s dropping/pulling up the anchor and has complains that it really hurts when she does so (knee jammed on a stainless steel ring - makes some sense), so I printed a cap to alleviate the issue. Surprisingly it all fit up perfectly on the first iteration, as far as I can tell it rests on the inner lip and top rim of the cup holder while barely avoiding the gel coat. There’s intentionally a little lateral play so I wouldn’t have to jam it in there, making it a pain to pull out. Gonna see about maybe getting some coaster sized seadek made with the Yamaha logo to put on top to jazz it up some.
This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Have any idea what printing this would cost? What is the material? I have been looking for 3D printers in my area and their on-line quote system has so many options, I don't know where to start.

Usually it is just my wife and I so the use of cup holders is limited, but I would also like to keep them from filling up when washing the boat.

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Have any idea what printing this would cost? What is the material? I have been looking for 3D printers in my area and their on-line quote system has so many options, I don't know where to start.

Usually it is just my wife and I so the use of cup holders is limited, but I would also like to keep them from filling up when washing the boat.
No idea, I’ve never sent anything out to a printing company before. I do believe their pricing varies wildly though. In terms of options, your main specifics would be PETG material for UV resistance and maybe a 15-20% infill since you’re not putting any weight on it.

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No idea, I’ve never sent anything out to a printing company before. I do believe their pricing varies wildly though. In terms of options, your main specifics would be PETG material for UV resistance and maybe a 15-20% infill since you’re not putting any weight on it.
I finally got a random google searched 3D Printers On-line quote system to spit out some numbers. A grand...a piece. A little while later, the sales rep called me and we had a good chat. Told him this was just a pipe dream with the results I got, and we discussed CnC products being cheaper. I asked for a ballpark, he was hesitant. I threw out $100?, $200....each? He said "at least". I thanked him for his time and conversation, but if they were not around $20 each, then paying myself labor to run drain lines to the bilge or sealing them up saves me money hand over fist and less items to stow.

quote attached.

Attachments

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally got a random google searched 3D Printers On-line quote system to spit out some numbers. A grand...a piece. A little while later, the sales rep called me and we had a good chat. Told him this was just a pipe dream with the results I got, and we discussed CnC products being cheaper. I asked for a ballpark, he was hesitant. I threw out $100?, $200....each? He said "at least". I thanked him for his time and conversation, but if they were not around $20 each, then paying myself labor to run drain lines to the bilge or sealing them up saves me money hand over fist and less items to stow.

quote attached.
Absolutely not...should cost $50-60 max from some company. I know shapeways is one that's out there, don't know if that's who you talked to. No way a CNC should be cheaper...

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Earlier you had no idea. Now you have a ballpark? But haven't sent anything to a printing company before.

Company rep and I talked about time on table. CnC is quicker, thus the savings in cost for that project with that company. How long did your printer take? That's a lot of passes at a very thin layer. While their industrial 3D machines are probably far quicker, I'm sure a robotic router head zips through a block of plastic like hot knife and butter.

I also looked at a few printers on Amazon in the $300 range for the size needed and read the reviews, not ready to buy, not enough use to justify.

Still $50-60 Max is too much. I'll go with a dab of silicon or run the lines.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice job! I'll try to print one of these.