• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cup holder install

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Couldn't spend the day on the water, but I still spent the day on the boat.

Finally added cup holders. Replaced the rear rod holders with stainless steel cup holders. In the front I added cup holders in the small step next to the fish box. Spent alot of time sitting in the front seat deciding where to install them and finally decided on the step.

Next project will be adding two rod holders to the bow area. 20171104_181134.jpg 20171104_181057.jpg

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks good! Gotta link to the holders you bought?

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you add tubing to have them drain somewhere

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I did, but I’m not expecting too much water to collect in them since the boat is garage kept all winter and spends most of the summer under a cover. For those occasional times I’m out in the rain I added 3/8” tube with a t- connector and a small shut off valve on the end of the tube. That way I can open the valve and empty any water into a container and not down into the boat. Goal is to keep as much water out of this boat as possible.

Also just a quick note. The step is about 1” thick. 1/4” of fiberglass, then 1/2” of balsa type wood sandwiched between another 1/4” of fiberglass.

I was not aware of any wood being used in our boat so just to be safe I sealed the new raw edge with epoxy to keep it water tight.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
What size hole saw did you use there? I think I have the same size cup holders and will be putting them on the console. I like the step location too. Nice placement.

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My hole saw is 3.5” but the outside diameter was 3.63”. Then I used a drum sanding bit in my drill to go the extra millimeter of diameter needed.

I made a template out of cardboard before, just to make sure everything fit nicely before drilling a huge hole in her.