• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Bag for 242 Limted S

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered my custom bad for the port side that will fill the entire compartment without having to move batteries to other side! Bryan at wakemakers was great to work with and can't wait for it to arrive! With it being 76 outside today I'm getting the itch to get back out and surf! The bag will hold about 1200lbs and with batteries will be over 1300lbs in the compartment. Before I only had 800lbs in the compartment and 400lbs on seat so I will have and extra 100lbs or so.
image.png

Attachments

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome !!!! I might have to use that design :)

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Feel free to! New boat looks good! Now it's time to get it all set up for surfing!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks !! I'm still pumped about getting it !!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
With my batteries on that side I am at the same weight under the seat!!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you give us a bit of an idea how much they charge for custom bags like this?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had a VERY similar bag quoted and it was $540, I changed my mind because it would hit my thru hulls already in my boat.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I paid 449.00 for this bag.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not even sure how much my batteries weigh but figure they weigh at least 50lbs each? Going to replace them this season since they are the originals from 2012 so once I get boat out of storage in a week or so will see what size and will be able to find out exactly the weight of batteries are. Any suggestion on what batteries I should go with?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sam's club. I just got a group 31 deep cycle AGM Duracell (made by Penn Co. in US) for $179 or something (well, plus tax and $18 core charge if you do not have an old core for exchange). And that is impossible to beat! Weighs about 80lbs.

--

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski I'll be interested to see how that battery performs. I looked at those really hard.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since OP @rocknracing asked about batteries, this is not a hijack, correct? If it is - I apologize!
@Bill D I know what you mean, I research things to death... Will let you know if I have any issues. Only inconvenience so far was finding one made in 2016, there was only one in three locations around me.
Have another Sam's deep-cycle AGM Duracell in my other boat going on year 3. Currently in storage, NOT on charger - will be interesting to see what I find when I pull it out.

Last edited: