• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Custom removable console (for garaged boats)

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
One of the benefits of having a FSH is it fits in a standard garage (well almost if you don't count the seat back). However, due to the minimal clearance between the console and the garage door means you really can't mount anything on top (like the cool organizer from Jet Boat Pilot). Until now...

I am building a custom dash unit that can be easily installed and removed each time you want to go out. It uses a piece of custom cut 3/4 starboard. I then attach all of my accessories (cup holders, electronics, etc.) to the starboard. Then the starboard is simply attached to the console using two kayak mounting rails and four quick connects. Just slide the unit on when you get to the lake and tighten. When you get home, loosen the quick connects and slide the whole unit off. This way my console only has a few holes (to attach the rails and for the electronic wires) and the unit is easily removed, but securely fastened. The rails essentially sit flush with the front lip of the console so no issues with the garage clearance.

I did a mock up of the unit first. Then designed the final version using SketchUp. I exported the CNC code and have Boat Outfitters pricing the unit right now (should take 4-5 days to get it cut and installed).

A couple of highlights. The tough part of the design is the console is not square (1/2 inch difference in width between front and back). This design accounts for that small change and should match the contours of the console. I also have routed two 4x6 rectangles down by 3/8 (half the depth of the material). These are just for phones, keys, etc. so they don't slide off. I also plan to mount two YakAttak cup holders that can hold a Yeti rambler. All edges will be rounded over by 1/8. The cut out in the middle is to run the cords up to my electronics (Carbon 9).

I will post more pictures once I get the final piece cut and installed. Tried to do it by hand but looks like total CRAP (you cant keep your lines straight doing it free hand). You really need a CNC machine to get a nice factory look. At one point, the 1/4 bit on my router broke (lucky I wasn't hurt). Once I confirm the cut is accurate, you should just be able to order the part from the shop. I will post the details once I have them.

In the meantime, here are some proof of concept pictures. Note that the rails are not attached yet and I haven't drilled my center hole for my power/ducer wires. I also haven't mounted the cup holders or the electronics (they are just sitting on top) and they cubbies are not routed into this design (I started with 1/2 board but realized it wasn't thick enough).

Let me know what you guys think or if there are any other design suggestions. I still have time to change my design. A few things come to mind. Like water collecting in the cubbies. Could just drill a couple of drain holes. Could also slope it slightly (towards the middle) and put the drain holes on the edge.

IMG_2935.JPG IMG_2938.JPG IMG_2943.JPG

Last edited:
Here is the SketchUp drawing showing the cubbies. You can see the 1/4 drop on each side in this picture (difference between dotted guild line and the actual cut). This accounts for the 1/2 difference in width from front to back. Yamaha FSH center console v2.jpg

I like your idea, this has been one of my pain points for a long time. I have since bit the bullet and cut up my organizer and it works well but I like your idea better.
In case anyone is wondering the organizer is still rock solid and I can turn my graph around so it can be seen in the front.
IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0405.JPG

@GA_BIll - Can you get that into the garage without taking it off? Or do you have a bigger door? I wanted to mount my unit flush, like your HDS9 but we spend a lot of time in public slips. Didnt want my unit getting stolen so had to be able to remove it easily. Thought about just mounting his organizer using the kayak rails, but then had the issue you were having with now where to mount my unit on top. Second question. Where did you end up mounting your ducer? Still reading lots of posts and messing around with a few ideas of my own.

It is finally complete (minus the transducer, still trying to figure that out). My goal was to have a console organzier that I could quickly remove before garaging. Check out the video and let me know your thoughts. If there is interest from others I will figure out how others can order from BoatOutfitters (since they already have the CNC file).

It is finally complete (minus the transducer, still trying to figure that out). My goal was to have a console organzier that I could quickly remove before garaging. Check out the video and let me know your thoughts. If there is interest from others I will figure out how others can order from BoatOutfitters (since they already have the CNC file).

Great work. I have an '17 FSH an have done some personal mods as well. However, your's looks like factory issue. I'd be interested in that since I too have no room to spare when I put it in my garage.

Have you figured out how to order additional console organizers from BoatOutfitters?

Back