• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • JetBoaters.Net 2nd Annual SeaDoo Switch Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot Is Live Now. Save 25% Off Select SeaDoo Switch Gear through October 31st.

Click Here to go to the Jetboatpilot Seadoo Group buy

You can delete this notice with the "X" in the upper right>>>

Custom Sunbrella Bimini

JDRhodes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know of a shop that would duplicate a bimini top for a 2012 Yamaha 242 Limited S in Sunbrella fabric? I have an original to use as a template. I'm sure if several of us wanted one we could make it worth their while and still get a good deal. I've priced having it done around the ATL market and it would be cost prohibitive.

Does anyone know of a shop that would duplicate a bimini top for a 2012 Yamaha 242 Limited S in Sunbrella fabric? I have an original to use as a template. I'm sure if several of us wanted one we could make it worth their while and still get a good deal. I've priced having it done around the ATL market and it would be cost prohibitive.
Good idea. I have the same boat and would like a new top but I haven’t looked into the cost. Can you share the ballpark range they quoted you for just one top?

Good idea. I have the same boat and would like a new top but I haven’t looked into the cost. Can you share the ballpark range they quoted you for just one top?
I've had 3 quotes so far $1300, $1200, and $1050. I was going to go with the $1050 shop until they told me it would take 6-8 weeks. I had them quote the heaviest Sunbrella fabric and adding zippers where the top attaches to the frame so it's easier to take off, and a matching boot.

I've had 3 quotes so far $1300, $1200, and $1050. I was going to go with the $1050 shop until they told me it would take 6-8 weeks. I had them quote the heaviest Sunbrella fabric and adding zippers where the top attaches to the frame so it's easier to take off, and a matching boot.
Yikes!! I’ll do some shopping around too and see what I can find. Will keep you posted. I like the group rate idea.

Following....

2014 242LS with original grey Bimini.. Prob have 1 more season then it needs to be replaced.. also in the ATL area.
I do have to say I use fabric guard every year and that stuff is amazing!

my custom bimini on my old 230 was $500 with sumbrella
Thats the range I wanted to stay in but the 3 shops I checked with here were 2-3 times higher than that. Who did yours? I can ship them my top to duplicate.

Unless Covid pricing is now being applied to such custom goods, the quotes you all got for a first generation 242 LS Bimini are way to high. I had a custom Bimini, extension and boot of the highest quality Sunbrella with heavy duty straps made for my 2010 242 LS for $1,500 two seasons ago. I think the Bimini and boot were $600 each and the extension only $300. The amount of material and complexity of the former two have a lot to do with the cost. Sunbrella is like lumber, you have to purchase it in linear feet, the roll is 3’ wide so a quote of 1 linear foot gets you 3 square feet.

long story short, I shredded the Bimini this past season so will be having another Made before may this year. I can’t find my original but she should be able to make a replacement anyway. However if anyone can loan me their original, I’m sure it would help. Of course I’d pay for roundtrip shopping on it.
I will post again after I speak with her, I’m sure she would be happy to make/sell more than one of any of the pieces.

Back