• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Transom Grill Mounts

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've also been asked to make up a grill mount for those boats that have the rearward facing table mount (rather than on the port or starboard side).

Here it is. Unfortunately, this doesn't put the grill out over the water, but it does get it close to the edge of the boat near the waterline. in order to make the parts similar for this transom mount and get the most usage out of the stock that I have, i decided the only difference is the short leg that actually fits up to the mount on the boat.

Now, I don't have a transom mount, so the picture is with the stanchion mounted to my port side mount. Same price as the port/starboard mounts, and includes a slip ring so that you can also use it with the factory table!

Here's a link to the product page on my site, aToolCrib: JEWLS Customs Transom Grill Stanchion

transom.JPG

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Very nice! What's the projection from the plate to the pole center? I put a mount on the transom of my 195s that faces aft and I think this might get my grill over the water, or at least the back edge of it where it likes to drip from!

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's roughly 19" from the mounting plate to the center of the vertical portion of the stanchion.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
An alternative that I have installed is replacing a standard cup holder with a rod/cup holder combo. The magma mount on my bbq slides right into it. It is a lot closer to the deck than if the bbq was mounted on tam table leg but I like it as I sit instead of stand when cooking.