• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dallas Canvas Sunbrella Cover

Pfitzuscg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2013 SX210 Yamaha gray cover disintegrated after 24 months, so I had to find a replacement. I was looking at the deluxe premium cover for about $600, but Dallas Canvas had a boat show special on custom Sunbrella covers for $800.

Just picked up the Sunbrella cover and it's very nice. The fit is very close to the Yamaha covers and they've reinforced the wear points and installed a simple snap in anti-pooling system. The ratchet system is slightly different using a rope and ratchet instead of a nylon strap. There are cutouts to cover the boat with the bimini either up or down.

Next Dallas boat show is in July, so if anyone in need of a cover, you may want to stop by the Dallas Canvas table. They were conveniently located next to Yamaha at the winter boat show.IMG_2091.jpgIMG_2083.jpgIMG_2087.jpgIMG_2088.jpgIMG_2090.jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will be very happy with the sunbrella keeps water out and lasts a long time.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey @Pfitzuscg.....I would be careful about trailering with those straps on the cover as they may wear the gelcoat going down the road. Just a thought.

Pfitzuscg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Pfitzuscg.....I would be careful about trailering with those straps on the cover as they may wear the gelcoat going down the road. Just a thought.
Yeah, noticed a lot of vibration on the forward straps, even with a twist. Didn't see any damage after 20 miles, but I could see them wearing into the gelcoat for a long drive at highway speeds. They come off easy enough, so I'll likely not use them for much.

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi I put heavy duty 2" clear tape on side of boat to protect gel coat from dock bumpers all summer maybe it would work with cover straps?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dallas Canvas is the shit! I had a cover made 3 years ago. It's doing great. I passed on the straps and use the rope instead. But I also don't trailer much.

Maybe you could run the straps through noodles as a spacer?

Pfitzuscg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi I put heavy duty 2" clear tape on side of boat to protect gel coat from dock bumpers all summer maybe it would work with cover straps?
Great idea...may try that for longer drives. Not sure I'll need the cover straps though...the cover ratchets tight below the rub rail like the Yamaha covers and it has the vents in the top, so I'm thinking it will be secure without the straps (which just snap off if you want to remove them). I actually wasn't even expecting the straps, but they were installed when I picked it up.