• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Darn Bimini Boot!... not anymore

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, I bet that a bunch of you are already doing this, but I thought that I'd share anyway. Everything on my boat is a one-man job, including installing the bimini boot. I've always found it to be a pita because the bimin frame and cover slips and slides around while I'm trying to get the boot in place and zip it up. Simple fix is to use two velcro straps with d-rings on them to hold things in place while I put the boot on. It saves time and aggravation.
upload_2016-5-5_12-23-42.png

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice @MrMoose. My zipper broke on my boot last year. I've been using this. Bought a roll of it and have found many other uses for it as well.

The two biggest moments of tension around the boat are trying to get my wife to help me launch / retrieve and to put on the bimini boot. If only I could use Velcro to drive the truck...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice @MrMoose. My zipper broke on my boot last year. I've been using this. Bought a roll of it and have found many other uses for it as well.

The two biggest moments of tension around the boat are trying to get my wife to help me launch / retrieve and to put on the bimini boot. If only I could use Velcro to drive the truck...
There are other ways besides Velcro to fix your launch frustrations anyone can launch a boat with this guys method!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've always used the front Bimini tie down straps to hold it all together. Newer boats might not have them.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you trailer with the velcro and any issues with the bimini starting to act like a sail? I would be concerned about catching wind but it sounds like that is not an issue.

Sounds like a good idea, thanks

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi 4x15mph , I use the straps as an extra set of hands when installing my boot. On my 2015 AR240, I felt as if I was putting lots of pressure on the zipper when installing the boot (trying to tuck everything in place while zipping up the boot). Using the straps compresses things and keep it all in place so boot goes on easily with no pressure on the zipper.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it, great plan and I will have to do this. It will also be good to know that I have 2 extra velcro straps on board that can always be used for other purposes.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I trailer with three pieces on the one wrap over the boot. Never had one come off on the road.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
CAREFUL.. i had to do this in a storm and it stained the crap out of my tan Bimini cover, so use color matched or sure. But yes the boot sucks