• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Day started out bad, but ended good!

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was planning on taking my boat out yesterday. I drive to my marina where I keep it parked on the trailer and this is what I find as I arrive:

photo.JPG

There were a total of 6 cars parked directly in front of my boat. The jerk with the F250 was parked so close to my trailer hitch he was about 1 foot away. There was absolutely no way to get my boat out. Obviously guests of people who keep their boats in slips. I kept asking every person I saw who walked by if they knew who owned any of the vehicles with no luck. I then tried running around looking to find any sign that says unauthorized vehicles will be towed so I could get a number for a towing company. I called the marina office and left a message and never got a call back. I asked the people at the ramp who collect money if they knew of anyone to call to get them removed with no luck.

So I opted not to let it ruin my entire day. I put a note on each car windshield that read, "Do NOT park in front of a boat! Next time you will be towed. I hope you had a great Memorial Day. Thanks for ruining mine." I then took my cover off and got it ready to go out later that night. I figured most people would clear out as it got later.

I went back to the city and went out for a nice early dinner. After that I drove back to the marina and 4 out of the 6 vehicles were moved. I ended up having a great night out and got to see all my LED work I did for the first time at night. The boat looked amazing and the pics do it no justice. But I know how everyone loves to see pics so here's a few. Hope you like!

Oh... and in the future I WILL be getting a number to a private towing company. If this ever happens again I will not be wasting my time.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

7.JPG

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks Fantastic and sorry about the inconsiderate people.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
glad you didn't let it ruin your day. I can imagine how frustrating that must be. Also, the Sea Dek flooring looks great

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The lights look great!. What underwater light did you use?

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lights look good!

I'm glad I took my boat home Friday evening, Saturday when I launched it I took my truck and trailer to park in my storage spot it was impossible to back my trailer in, the people on both sides of me had their trucks and empty trailers parked but both were into my spot and one guy was still about 10 feet from the fence. It was tricky just driving through the driving lane the way they were parked. It would have been really tricky if I would have had to pull my boat out of there.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, that Limited S is a great looking boat. The leds are awesome. Hate to say it but if it wasn't for that F150 jerk you'd have gone out during daylight and we'd never have seen your leds. We had a similar situation at our public ramp where 4 people parked single cars in 4 trailer parking spots so there was no place for me to park if I launched my boat. I caught them walking away from their cars and told them they were for trailer parking only as I pointed to the sign. They told me they were going to a neighborhood party (they weren't even boating) and had no place else to park. As they walked off I pulled out my cell phone, called the harbor master and asked them if they had the authority to tow. They said no but they would send someone right down to ticket. I had to go to another ramp across town to launch.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
He mods look great.

My neighbor's side yard access got blocked a few years ago so that he couldn't get his boat out at the start of the weekend. He checks with his surrounding neighbors, including me, but none new who owned the car blockin him. Rather than knock on every door on the block including those of a nearby apartment complex or call a tow company, he borrowed some floor jacks moved the car got his boat out and moved the car back. The owner probably didn't notice but my neighbor did leave a note on the guys window asking him to call if he was plan in on parking there before the weekend again.

Eventually the guy did park there and block the access again. This time my neighbor used the floor jacks to reposition the car in front of a fire hydrant then called to complain about it. The guy got a ticket, never confronted my neighbor and never parked there again. Another alternative, a vp at chevron taught me is to block the car blocking you and leave them a note (or not) asking them to call you when they want to leave.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys. The transom light I did last year and is a shadowcaster SCM-10v2. The water is very dark up here.

I was extremely tempted to let the air completely out of one tire on each car but decided to be the better person. I'm sure they weren't thinking when they parked there, but man was I pissed off at first!

I need to have a chat with the marina owner. Since it's private parking behind a gate there it has to be legal to tow someone out for parking illegally. Next time I won't hesitate to get someone in to tow someone out from in front of my boat.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, those would be perfect - especially if they didn't need a super-smooth surface to run on (which I'm sure they do). I'm envisioning that truck "re-positioned" between a couple of big trees - one in front and one in back with no way to drive out. (The high school football team did that to one of their teammates as a joke. He had to buy them all pizza before they'd help him get it out of there.)

Glad you managed to salvage the weekend. Hopefully those that got your note realized their wrong doing and learned from it. At the very least, hopefully it occurred to them that you could have messed up their cars for them.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Great story, glad you got to go out...and the boat looks great!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If it is privately owned property then the property owner would have to call for the tow.....at least that is how it is here in NJ

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seems like a poor storage setup to me...

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awful!! I'd be pretty upset too. This is a prime reason why I choose not to subject myself to boating on the holidays. Glad it didn't ruin your day. The boat looks awesome by the way, love the lights.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys. This is the third season I've kept my boat at the marina. I've never had this issue before, but I also don't typically go out on holidays. Weather was just too perfect not to this year!

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My tow vehicle is an F-350 Dually. It has a winch, and I also have a tow chain. Someone would have come back to find their car in the middle of the parking lot ;)