• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

De-Fuel

ShooterDiesel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone got any tips on how to empty the tank, besides running it? I got shippers coming to take it and they want the thank empty.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only way I know would be to siphon it. Not sure you can do it through the filler hose. You may have to remove the sending unit to siphon. Hopefully others will chime in. How many days do you have to get it done before shipping? May be well worth taking it out on the water And having a fun day and could be faster also.

Chris K

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
if its EFI ... could ya take off a fuel like and hook it up to a longer hose to a bigger catch can, and let the fuel pump do it for ya?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are lots of ways to empty the tank....lend it to "That" guy who never returns anything full.
OR, slam it into a spin and hope it flips....remember to leave the gas cap off. Then again, that might not be good for the boat.....and the thought I had about the long drill probably isn't such a good idea on second thought.

Removing the sending unit would work, But I'd try siphoning first...then of course you'd still have to run it a bit to get it completely dry.

I use one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/16915713?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=83&adid=22222222227016737042&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=51749908991&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=83110086071&veh=sem

:cool:

Good Luck, be safe.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
those shaker siphons are awesome, a little weird, but awesome. Hard part will be stopping it once you fill up your car and have 20 gallons more in the boat tank :oops:

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a generic aftermarket electric fuel pump from one of the auto parts stores to pump mine out

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
let's not bury the lead here, are you leaving Hawaii or just the boat?

ShooterDiesel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Leaving Hawaii. Got orders back to Maryland. Thankfully the Navy moves boats with our household goods, cause this boat is staying until I get orders to the north pole. They just asked for it to be empty, and the weather here has been crap for the last few weeks(only on the weekends though) and haven't been able to get out and burn it down. I'll be frequenting the lower Potomac and Patuxent Rivers starting July. I'm not sure how the fam is going to like going back to brown water and humidity vs clear blue awesomeness.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Some Marinas will do it for you... And since it is good gas they do it for free..

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How is the boating in Hawaii. Sorry to jack the thread. I hope to get it as my next duty station.

ShooterDiesel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
K-Bay is great. Nice bay, cool sand bar. On base at MCBH has good dry storage rates(about $60 a month). It gets windy here on the windward side and really makes the bay worthless once winds get above 20 knots. Random rain showers also happen quite a bit. And shoal water is deceptive and you need to be very aware of where you are driving.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I realize this is an old thread, but I'd like to remove some fuel from my '08 212X. I filled it for the winter, but we are going on a fairly long road trip, and I'd rather "lighten the load".

Anyone successfully siphoned the gas out? I tried inserting a hose down the fuel filler, but it would only go about 2.5ft in. I didn't want to try forcing it. I have one of those "shaker syphons", but I doubt I'd be able to fit it down there and I'd fear it may get stuck.

Has anyone successfully done this on a '08 generation 21' boat?

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone? I took a look at the fuel hose and it doesn't seem to have any sharp angles. I just can't seem to get a thin hose (3/8") into it further than about 24"

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if its EFI ... could ya take off a fuel like and hook it up to a longer hose to a bigger catch can, and let the fuel pump do it for ya?
I liked this comment. It has energetic fuel pumps right?

Disconnect the inlet from the engine and use hose Barb to extend to your container, and then set the key to the running position. The pump should come on and dispense fuel.

Your house may be getting caught over the Barbs I'm sure are on the way in.
Best of luck.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The fuel inlet to the engine looks like it has a special crimp type clamp. I don't really want to mess with it. I think I *may* try to remove the fuel filler hose right at the tank and put the siphon hose through there. Although I'm worried about damaging something (namely the fuel tank) in the process.

I don't think my hose is even getting to the tank opening. I suspect its own friction is causing it to get hung up on the interior of the rubber filler hose. Maybe I need to try "lubing" it o_O

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, on my engine one was replaced and another looked about to fall off so i replaced it with a worm clamp.

Examine the hose clamp, if it's an oeticker clamp it can be pryed open with a flat screw driver and closed with plyers.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I realize this is an old thread, but I'd like to remove some fuel from my '08 212X. I filled it for the winter, but we are going on a fairly long road trip, and I'd rather "lighten the load".

Anyone successfully siphoned the gas out? I tried inserting a hose down the fuel filler, but it would only go about 2.5ft in. I didn't want to try forcing it. I have one of those "shaker syphons", but I doubt I'd be able to fit it down there and I'd fear it may get stuck.

Has anyone successfully done this on a '08 generation 21' boat?
Scroll down to the bottom of this thread. This is how I did it. Good luck, hope this helps.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/cleaning-out-my-fuel-tank-has-anybody-done-this-yet.4492/

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Scroll down to the bottom of this thread. This is how I did it. Good luck, hope this helps.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/cleaning-out-my-fuel-tank-has-anybody-done-this-yet.4492/
Thanks for this information! I suspect your boat is the same configuration as mine. Did you do anything to re-seal the pumps (gasket, sealant, etc?) after you pulled them? Did this solve your issue?

In my case, I wanted just to drain a bit of fuel for weight saving over an upcoming trip. Sounds like it may be more hassle than its worth though :(

Did you consider siphoning out through the fuel filler AT the tank? It looks like it is pretty easy access from the engine compartment. My nightmare is breaking a fitting on the tank in trying to remove the hose though.