• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer boat swap

canefan75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone happen to know if Yamaha dealers can get a boat from another dealer? Similar to how car dealerships move cars between each other!

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone happen to know if Yamaha dealers can get a boat from another dealer? Similar to how car dealerships move cars between each other!
Absolutely. Don’t know if it’s as common as with cars, but was done without Issues in my case.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Me too. My dealer was in upstate NY and swapped with a dealer in New Jersey.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My dealer in Ky. drove all the way to Mo. to get the boat I wanted last fall . Absolutely they work with each other.

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys are lucky, I couldn’t get any of the dealers in NJ or NY to swap for me. It was literally like they didn’t want to sell a boat at all. Ignored emails and phone calls, told me I was out of luck, etc. I ended up getting it from PA instead. I was truly shocked.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The current timing could be a factor as I doubt most dealers would want to let any inventory go right now. However, in "normal" times they will want to move inventory and help other dealers as they can usually just get a new boat in a few weeks or so. When I bought my 2018 Glastron my dealer out of Lake of the Ozarks, Surdyke Yamaha brought the GTS187 in from Skipper Buds in North Chicago Area.