• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dealer Fried Connext During Recall Update

BwareOfCoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
All, I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue. In October I took my 2019 242 Limited S E-Series to the Dealer for routine Oil Change and Winterization. They ended up keeping it longer than expected, but I knew they were super busy. Finally I called to ask what was going on. They told me that there was a recall on my boat to fix a known issue that computer was not calculating engine hours correctly so they had to update the firmware, but when they did it fried the Connext system. They told me it was under warranty though and they were waiting on a replacement. I waited several more weeks, while it was sitting in the rain, and finally decided to just come and pick up the boat and put it in storage. I called them yesterday to see if they could get a status. They called me back and said they checked on it but there is still no ETA on the replacement computer.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm starting to feel like I'm getting jerked around by the Dealer... Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!

mine started not responding to touch. I filed a warranty claim with dealer October 2021, still no new connext screen. dealer said on last update June 2022 that they were not available in the United States. Unless of course they need one to build a new boat to sell. sometimes i wonder if there is some sort of breach of warranty on Yamaha's part due to parts not being available or released? My boat is still operational, but i would be very upset if it was something i couldn't get a part for, and the boat was disabled for a prolonged time while under warrant. IDK

Pretty common the connext screens are basically unobtanium. You'll wait at least 12-18 months before you'll get one, best case. Downside of all these boats having screens. This isn't unique to yamaha. Tige and some early 2010's+ Malibu owners have long been known to order screens just in case, cause by the time the screen came in chances are they'd need a new one. Not sure about the new Tige's with the TAPS 3 screens, but some of the previous gen models were horrendous. Same with the new malibus with the massive screens, not sure if those are also problematic. Hopefully these brands have gotten smart and just gone with MFD's, and put the computers somewhere else and easier to replace.

Sorry to hear about all the issues with these displays. Before I read about the issues i wanted a newer yamaha jet boat, now not so much, especially after seeing how many functions are controlled through the display. On a lesser note my wife and I have 2021 Waverunners, if the display fails on either one when the engine lock out is engaged the engine won’t even fire up.

that stated I have a connext display from a 2017 ar240 for sale, “as is”. I can only say that it powered up before I disconnected the batteries and engines it was mated to. For what it’s worth, the engines had just over 200 hours on them after five years in service, I don’t know how many more hours the display has on it.

Last edited:
if there weren't aftermarket suppliers of Jet pump stators I's still be waiting... I ordered 2 from yamaha a year ago yesterday and the note I got today was maybe by June :wideyed:

Sorry to hear about all the issues with these displays. Before I read about the issues i wanted a newer yamaha jet boat, now not so much, especially after seeing how many functions are controlled through the display. On a lesser note my wife and I have 2021 Waverunners, if the display fails on either one when the engine lock out is engaged the engine won’t even fire up.

that stated I have a connext display from a 2017 ar240 for sale, “as is”. I can only say that it powered up before I disconnected the batteries and engines it was mated to. For what it’s worth, the engines had just over 200 hours on them after five years in service, I don’t know how many more hours the display has on it.

This is a long shot, but do you still have your Connext screen from the 2017 AR240?

As all the newer models started getting more electronics removing analog devices there were discussions about issues of this type of equipment failing in marine environments not realizing manufacturing issues are the real problem . All of these screen controllers are loaded with semiconductor chips the manufactures discontinue chip sets then the product becomes obsolete.

As all the newer models started getting more electronics removing analog devices there were discussions about issues of this type of equipment failing in marine environments not realizing manufacturing issues are the real problem . All of these screen controllers are loaded with semiconductor chips the manufactures discontinue chip sets then the product becomes obsolete.
Compounding the problem is that Yamaha also stops purchasing the items being replaced so those items become unavailable as well. For example, the multi function guages and curved window in my boat

Been waiting for a new Connext screen since last October - no ETA yet.

In my case I can still use the boat as it just effects the touch functions at the bottom and top of the display but it’s annoying.

Back