• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer significantly overfilled engine oil

dtbarr94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is my first post here, I wish It was about a better topic.

I did my beginning of the season oil change today on my 2024 AR190. I discovered that the dealer way overfilled the oil on my last service.

Background: I bought the boat late last year and put about 35 hours on it before packing it up for the winter. The most recent service before today was the 10 hour break in service at the dealer. And I put about 25 more hours on it after that before winter storage.

Got it out today to do preseason maintenance and found the dealer overfilled the oil by almost 1.5 quarts.(5.3 or so quarts extracted)

I should have checked on it after I got it back from the dealer last year so I accept some blame for running it so long with too much oil. So far no damage that I can tell, will keep an eye on things for the first few outings though.

Beware-always double check the work you're paying for if you don't do the maintenance yourself! I will be doing all the Maintenance myself from here on out🤦🤦

dtbarr94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
**Operators Manual calls for just about 4 qts**

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check the air filters for oil if there is oil on them head back and ask for them to be replaced and maybe an apology

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the bill for the first service on my boat and decided that I would be doing my own from here on out... So, you likely were to get to this same place one way or another. :)

If there is no oil on the air filter, you likely escaped any damage. And you have learned what dealer not to trust.

Welcome to the forum.

dtbarr94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips! Checked the air filter, no oil. So looks like I dodged a bullet for now