• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Decided to brighten up the helm with a GPS speedo and new Wheel.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great job with mounting the new wheel.

@Geoff Cooper Do you know what this wheel is made of? I'm interested in getting a similar Momo wheel but I don't think they will hold up getting wet and salty. Any thoughts?
I considered this when i was buying it and after close inspection it appears better than the original as there is no stitching anywhere it seems to be a complete molding, I use my boat in saltwater all the time and always take care of metal surfaces even to the extent of using a smear of oil on the locker damper stantions so another consideration was the aluminum center but i keep everything clean and a wipe over with a cloth with glass cleaner after i clean the windows is all it needs, hope that helps.

Last edited:

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh you mean like this...

View attachment 14897

I tried that but found it very difficult to launch and the Boat sank immediately

View attachment 14899
So i settled for this way instead now the acoustic resonator is in the right position and giving a perfect A.....Thanks for that i really hadn't noticed.
Where did you get the Yamaha center cap sticker?

Also, looking at their site, is there anything else I need to purchase to make the wheel fit?

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The original center cap went straight into the new wheel and also the steering boss was a perfect fit also didn't need to buy anything else just the new wheel.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes that one should be fine, I actually took my wheel to the shop in Bangkok while i was on my travels so i could compare, That wheel looks very similar to mine maybe a newer model, I seem to recall having to gently use a little fine sand paper to take a small amount from the very edge of the center cap as it was a very tight fit but that's all and it all went together no problem.