• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Decisions between 2016 212X or 2016 AR240 HO?

CBoehme

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm new to jet boats and trying to figure out which model would be better for me to buy. 1st the cost is quite a key factor with the AR240 coming in at $48,750, with fees (freight & prep, regs) costing $655. The 212X is $45,999, with fees costing $2430... so price goes to AR240. The AR240 is a new redesign where it sound like the 212X will be redesigned for 2017. We are campers who will use this on inland lakes about 75% of the time, so I have a concern with the AR240 being too big. Some of the chain of lakes we are on have bridges to contend with... so that's a concern too. What are your thoughts or advice on this please?

Thanks,

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have a 212ss and was considering going to the 24. Like you Im inland and on a shallow river. When I got into the 24 its a much bigger boat but the "extra" space it had over the 212 was primarily from the steering wheel forward. No real increase in the main seating area. I dont have a tower so I cant help there.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm new to jet boats and trying to figure out which model would be better for me to buy. 1st the cost is quite a key factor with the AR240 coming in at $48,750, with fees (freight & prep, regs) costing $655. The 212X is $45,999, with fees costing $2430... so price goes to AR240. The AR240 is a new redesign where it sound like the 212X will be redesigned for 2017. We are campers who will use this on inland lakes about 75% of the time, so I have a concern with the AR240 being too big. Some of the chain of lakes we are on have bridges to contend with... so that's a concern too. What are your thoughts or advice on this please?

Thanks,
If price is the same, how is this even a question???
Just MHO.

Of course there are things you may like more about the 212X, and vice versa for 240, but overall it is not a fair comparison. Not even close.
Not to mention that new 240 forward swept towers are easier to fold down.

CBoehme

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input... I put a deposit on the AR240.

Thanks again!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Typically it takes at least 6 posts to convince someone to drop 48k you were convinced in 2.
I like your style @CBoehme welcome to the club and cheers to the rest of the summer.

CBoehme

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the help with what turned out to be a great decision. Here's the new toy we took delivery of today!
image.jpeg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right choice. Size matters!!

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
1st thing to do, remove those stupid High Output stickers, No one really gives a chit:cigar:

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat. I rolled mine out of that same shop last March. You will be happy with the 240.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! I was in the same....boat...ahem...;)
We went to the dealership thinking the 212x was the one and ended up buying the AR240. As soon as we went from the 212x to the 240, the interior room had us. Two of our friends both own the 212x and it's awesome as well, but the 240 just fit our style more. $5k in mods later...ahem again...it's just about complete. Enjoy your new baby!:winkingthumbsup"