• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deep Creek?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We were thinking about a long weekend sometime this summer to Deep Creek. We've never been there, we usually just boat on our local river. I was wondering if it would be worth taking a few vacation days and hauling the boat there? Has anyone done a weekend trip? Is the lodging expensive?

If it's going to be expensive lodging, I'll probably skip it and keep to more local areas to put the money towards another vacation.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went down last year for a few days. I stayed at a friend's place though. The tow down was pretty easy but one really big hill. I thought the lake was ridiculously busy, but the honi honi was nice.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a busy lake. Cheat lake is not bad, but also busy.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Went last year, the 4 hour tow basically uphill from Baltimore was not really that fun. The temps were cold for August (low 70's), the water wasnt that warm either, and there are not that many dockside restaurants/bars. If you do go, you need a group to go with and you will spend most of your time swimming/fishing/watersports. No sandbars to hangout at that I could find and the lodging was priced on the higher end.

There is only one boat ramp located at the state park and you need to get there before they close to pay for overnight trailer parking. There is other trailer parking, but its a little bit of a drive to their facility and its a little bit sketchy.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK RobA, that's good info and I think it's enough to convince me that I'd be better off considering another area or staying local. Doesn't sound like much payoff for the travel time for me.

H2Joes

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like Deep Creek, but I don't generally go on weekends. If you're still interested I'd suggest finding a place at the south end of the lake and trying to go during the week.

Raystown is amazing! It's a beautiful lake but the tow is more of a pain and its harder to find a place to stay. You can always find a spot to be away from others and the water is really clean.

Do any of you guys from Western PA go anywhere else? I feel like we don't have a lot of choices like some of the other people on this board.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Western PA guys? Yeah, we move south. :p

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie