• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Delaware River Boaters

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live in Mercer County NJ, and I am looking for some of the best ramps on the Delaware that I can launch and retrieve a 2011 242 on Low tides.
The closest ramps to me are Florence Public Boat Ramp and Curtains Wharf Marina. Does anyone here have any experience launching and retrieving on low tide in any of these spots?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Curtins ramp is a disaster at low tide, and its very expensive to launch there. Great spot to stop for lunch or dinner though.

You can get a season pass at the Burlington Ramp literally next door for the price of two launches from Curtins.

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curtins ramp is a disaster at low tide, and its very expensive to launch there. Great spot to stop for lunch or dinner though.

You can get a season pass at the Burlington Ramp literally next door for the price of two launches from Curtins.

Will I be able to retrieve and launch at the Burlington ramp if I get stuck on low tide? How about the Florence ramp?

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of Florence so I only used it a couple times, not sure how it is at low tide. No issue at all with the Burlington ramp at low tide, its a wide and long ramp with recently rebuilt courtesy docks, I've seen 27'+ retrieving there at low tide.

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of Florence so I only used it a couple times, not sure how it is at low tide. No issue at all with the Burlington ramp at low tide, its a wide and long ramp with recently rebuilt courtesy docks, I've seen 27'+ retrieving there at low tide.
Awesome thank you. I’m going to scope it out today.

MikeT29

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to use the Bordentown Municipal ramp all the time and found it to be terrific with no issues at low tide. Just know that it's very tight clearance towing the boat under the bridge right at the entrance to the launch. My 2021 AR250 needs 11 feet and it cleared but not by much. The sign actually used to say it was 10 feet but I know that was not accurate.