• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DeLorean

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone been following the Delorean reveal? It looks cool but the performance seems to be lacking from an all electric sports car. I’m kind of disappointed.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I came across an article about it and checked out the pictures, which look pretty interesting. After seeing your comment, I had to go back and look a the specs again. 0-60 in 2.99s, top speed 155mph. That's pretty comparable to the Audi e-tron GT RS at $140k+ and the Porsche Taycan Turbo at $150k+ (I'm basing those number on this article here). I have no idea what the pricing on the Delorean is supposed to be...doesn't really matter to me because as cool as it looks I won't actually be in line to buy one (I am still in line to buy an F150 Lightning, but who knows when that'll happen despite the fact that I made my reservation within the first couple hours of the reservation window opening last year).

Side note, the fact that Delorean reports the 0-88mph time is just awesome.

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's really ugly IMO. I can't say the base model doing 0 to 60 in 2.99 seconds isn't fast, but that seems to be a given with EVs.

The thing that I've been thinking about lately is what makes an EV a sports car? Usually sports cars have been built on a smaller, lighter platform. In the future, basically the whole lineup will be built off the same platform. That means there's unlikely be to major differences in weight, power, etc. So what's going to make one car a sports car vs another just a sedan? None of them will have sporty dynamics, they're all going to weigh a few tons, is the difference truly just going to be branding and styling? Interesting to see how things go in the future. Maybe the manufacturers will continue to offer multiple platforms and have sports car platforms that have smaller batteries? Too early to tell I guess.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Many issues with this thing! Don’t know why they would make it a 4 seater. Colors, I think not. Only silver. As a designer, they had one of the best logos, changed that too! If it makes it to market, it won’t last.