• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deluxe Mooring Cover Issues -- Any 3rd-party recommendations?

jaslaughter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
TLDR -- Has anyone successfully got as good a fit as the Yamaha cover with a 3rd-party cover? Looks like all the 2015-2019 Yamaha covers are the same part number.

I have a 2015 242 LS, and the black deluxe mooring cover. After about 2 years the nylon straps disintegrated (literally dust) and I switched to the Hangtyte system (which is awesome). About that same time the cleat covers also started tearing away from the cover, and the zippers on those never really worked well. The inner coating also seems to be breaking down. I haven't seen a lot of complaints on this forum about these covers, but I'm not impressed.

It's fairly hot here (in NC) in the summer, and the black cover seems to just absorb heat and die. I worry about damage to the interior. I'm thinking a lighter color would work better.

Thanks,
-J

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not factory made, the only members that report non OEM success are usually custom made from a shop,

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
TLDR -- Has anyone successfully got as good a fit as the Yamaha cover with a 3rd-party cover? Looks like all the 2015-2019 Yamaha covers are the same part number.

I have a 2015 242 LS, and the black deluxe mooring cover. After about 2 years the nylon straps disintegrated (literally dust) and I switched to the Hangtyte system (which is awesome). About that same time the cleat covers also started tearing away from the cover, and the zippers on those never really worked well. The inner coating also seems to be breaking down. I haven't seen a lot of complaints on this forum about these covers, but I'm not impressed.

It's fairly hot here (in NC) in the summer, and the black cover seems to just absorb heat and die. I worry about damage to the interior. I'm thinking a lighter color would work better.

Thanks,
-J
What part of NC? I know there's a place in Garner that will custom make covers. They've done other work for me, but everything has been more expensive than I thought it should have been.

jaslaughter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mountain Island Lake, just outside of Charlotte.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was sceptical with the black cover in the summer Florida heat but I'm five years in and mines still ok. Yes the zips on some of the cleat covers have come apart but my straps are still in very good condition. I suspect cost cutting with later batches.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Thanks,
-J
I really wish they had made a white cover I think it definitely would’ve been better because of the heat.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are no 3rd party that have custom fit. You have 2 options, OEM or Custom. Custom will most likely be $1,800-$2,500. I've had better luck with the gray but don't know if that's even an option. Last about 4 years.

jaslaughter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like I need to just budget in another $200/year for covers then. Thanks for all the input :thumbsup: