• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit Down on 195S!!

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just put down a deposit for a 195S. Dealer claims it will be delivered this fall, maybe even in a couple weeks. I'm really hoping this boat works out. This will be the 5th (!!!!!) boat since 2020 that I tried to buy and from the 3rd dealer. Needless to say it has been frustrating. 🤞

•SX240 (2020) from dealer 1, dealer got upset and told me they didn't want to work with mi if I was going to price shop them. I just ask for there best and final offer. This was a really odd one....

•SX240 (2020) from dealer 2. COVID hit right as I was trying to buy one, could not order it.

•SX250 (2021) from dealer 2. Deposit in early but order got canceled.

•242S (used 2016) Limited from dealer 2. Rolled deposit over from canceled order, drove down for a sea trial of the boat but they could not put it in the water due to steering issues. Followed up a many of times, at first claimed the part was on back order, then claimed the owners changed there mind and didn't want to sell it. I think they sold it out from under me. Either way dealer communication was one sided, just me asking for updates and questions and only getting a reply sometimes.

•195S (2022) from dealer 3. This one is going to work out, positive thoughts!!!!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So from a 24-25 foot boat to a 19? Why the change

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This fall or possible couple weeks? That is really quick from what I am hearing now. Were you first in line at the dealer?

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So from a 24-25 foot boat to a 19? Why the change
A few reasons. The 25 was going to be kept at a marina about a hour from my house near the ocean. However I can also get to a major body of water 15 minutes from my house in the other direction. This past year with kids sports eating up many weekends and not letting up anytime soon, it will be easier to trailer than marina storage. That way I could get more shorter trips in in the evenings rather than make fewer bigger days. A 19' can be easily managed at my house. I also went with a different dealer that was not by the ocean so the ease of an all in one marina/dealer went away. Finally We started thinking about getting a shore home on the bay with a slip. If we ended up going that route we may be selling sooner then expected to get a boat better suited for that.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
This fall or possible couple weeks? That is really quick from what I am hearing now. Were you first in line at the dealer?
The dealer said they have an open allocation and have already been getting 22's in. Said the allocation means Yamaha promised me the boat no later than the end of November. He said it could be a lot sooner be he won't know till it ships. He mentioned a few weeks are possible. How accurate this is I don't know. I'm just being hopeful its true. Would love to get out on the water a couple times before it's to cold.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The dealer said they have an open allocation and have already been getting 22's in. Said the allocation means Yamaha promised me the boat no later than the end of November. He said it could be a lot sooner be he won't know till it ships. He mentioned a few weeks are possible. How accurate this is I don't know. I'm just being hopeful its true. Would love to get out on the water a couple times before it's to cold.
Send some of that down to Texas haha. Ive heard November and January and im 2nd in line.... Hope it works out for you!

cmp75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just put down a deposit for a 195S. Dealer claims it will be delivered this fall, maybe even in a couple weeks. I'm really hoping this boat works out. This will be the 5th (!!!!!) boat since 2020 that I tried to buy and from the 3rd dealer. Needless to say it has been frustrating. 🤞

•SX240 (2020) from dealer 1, dealer got upset and told me they didn't want to work with mi if I was going to price shop them. I just ask for there best and final offer. This was a really odd one....

•SX240 (2020) from dealer 2. COVID hit right as I was trying to buy one, could not order it.

•SX250 (2021) from dealer 2. Deposit in early but order got canceled.

•242S (used 2016) Limited from dealer 2. Rolled deposit over from canceled order, drove down for a sea trial of the boat but they could not put it in the water due to steering issues. Followed up a many of times, at first claimed the part was on back order, then claimed the owners changed there mind and didn't want to sell it. I think they sold it out from under me. Either way dealer communication was one sided, just me asking for updates and questions and only getting a reply sometimes.

•195S (2022) from dealer 3. This one is going to work out, positive thoughts!!!!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞
You'll have to let me know when you are notified. I put a deposit down a couple of months ago for a 195s, but we're in Utah and I wonder if the dealers out here have orders fulfilled later since they do less volume that dealers back East. We are pretty excited though!

Jetboat_Johnny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
let us know when it is in. I ordered one last Friday and was told I would have it for next spring. But I’m up in Massachusetts and they offered to store it for free until then if it come after the season

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Nice! Congratulations! We love our 21 195S. Still waiting on the first of the three GMC trucks to arrive… they have been on order since August 2021 so I feel your pain on the wait.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ha, I was looking for a truck as well and gave up. Decided I can wait that one out a little bit until the market is a little more normal.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I know where two will be available after the first one arrives. If you are looking for a 2022 2500 HD Denali in Ebony Twighlight Metalic with all of the bells and whistles let me know.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What an adventure!! After 2 years we finally have our boat. Now I just need some warm weather to go with it.

View attachment 174937
Great looking boat. FYI change out that bow roller as soon as you can, That one will scuff up that deep rich color.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Great looking boat. FYI change out that bow roller as soon as you can, That one will scuff up that deep rich color.
Already got the Stoltz roller on it. How tight should the bolt be holding that on? How easy should it roll? I think I avoided any scuffs so far but the dealer left some sticky stuff on that area that I haven't gotten to clean yet. Hoping there are no surprises. The color is great looking but I fear the maintenance of keeping it looking good.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the yacht blue and it isn't too bad keeping it clean, although I do tend to be wiping water spots a lot.

Mine roller doesn't roll much. When the boat hits it, it is pretty much good.

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
What an adventure!! After 2 years we finally have our boat. Now I just need some warm weather to go with it.

View attachment 174937
My favorite color scheme they have done on a 19' boat. I tried to order a 212SD last year in that same exact color scheme and was one of the many that never got their boat. I went two summers with Yamaha orders that were never made, so I gave up and bought a Scarab 215ID. I actually prefer the Yamaha exterior styling, but the Scarab excels in other areas. I have owned both and loved them both. I previously owned a 2017 AR195 and sometimes wish I would have kept it. That size is so easy to tow/launch/store. For 6 people it is perfect. But kids are getting older and wanting friends to tag along so I went up to a 21'. I may go back to a 19' when they are older and moved on.

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat Stealth!! I have the exact one on order at a dealer in Baltimore. I was 2nd in line. The first one showed up last week. So now i'm next. fingers crossed. I bought Phender Pro's and gave to the dealer to install. I'll keep you posted when it arrives. Let me know how you like it when you get it on the water.

JasonB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Only had my '22 out for an hour about 3 weeks ago (weather in PNW is not cooperating). You're going to be pleased, we love garage boating! 😆

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Only had my '22 out for an hour about 3 weeks ago (weather in PNW is not cooperating). You're going to be pleased, we love garage boating! 😆
Yea. I haven’t missed much here either. It actually snowed a couple times already this week. Been in the 40’s all week. But I’d rather have it here with me so I can at least look at it. Haha