• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth Finder Volume

Stephanie Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
does anyone know how to turn down the Depth Finder volume (the loud beeping) on a 2018 AR-195?
It’s soo loud and drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Likely the same as the 2017 boats in which case is a single piezo beeper for all warnings (engine, depth,etc) and no volume. I put two layers of black electrical tape over the beeper and it is now much more tolerable.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Don't see a way to change the alarm volume, maybe try changing the depth: Press M and T at the same time, select 1 or water depth and press M to decrease or T to increase, then press M and T at the same time should return you to the Water depth, wait 8 seconds and you should be back to the main menu.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I changed mine from 3ft to 2.5 ft. You can also temporarily silence the alarm by acknowledging it. Press M I think.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think @Mainah makes a little mod to quieten it down. Or you could just tape it or use foam like @ttzz mentioned. You'd have to access the rear of the helm by removing the front starboard backrest/cushion.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is that buzzer located. I'd love to turn it down a few notches with some foam and zip ties.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
On my boat (‘17 212x). It’s under the helm, was pretty easy to locate - just your standard piezo beeper.