• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth Gauge Question

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have jinxed me I will hunt you down!
I was thinking more along the lines of taking you to Vegas with me next time since you seem to come up lucky on rolling the dice :D

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have thought the same thing..... Just tells you the depth 23' behind the rock you just hit...

Was thinking about the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 176i for a Gray Scale replacement....And that would still leave a 2" hole for another accessory down the road....

http://www.humminbird.com/Products/PiranhaMax-176i/

or the 196ci for color....

I installed a piranamax 5 back in 2002 on my old seadoo. It worked great for 10 years and then the transducer bit the dust. I replaced it with a piranamax 170 that worked great too. I think for an easy to use cheap unit that reads quickly the piranamax is solid. I decided to get a little fancier on my latest install on my Yamaha as I went with the Lowrance Elite 5 DSI. After a season of use I think I should have gone with a simpler model as the Lowrance is slow to boot up compared to the Piranamax and the menu system is not as intuitive, meaning I need to read the manual and then remember what I read between uses.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My depth gauge works about 50% of the time, often it is not working just when I need it most.

I purchased an exact replacement but it is no better. The next thing I planned to do is mount the transducer inside the hull.